Fleece Pigaloos/tunnels

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aw, that is fabulous!
I am on the hunt for fleece on Thursday to make hideys, I was thinking of using boning to reinforce the dome shape?
Where did you get the foam? I wondered if they could get down to it and chew it.

Aw, that is fabulous!
I am on the hunt for fleece on Thursday to make hideys, I was thinking of using boning?
Where did you get the foam? I wondered if they could get down to it and chew it.
My boys are not big chewers to be honest, u could use clear plastic tubing like you use for airline for aquariums. My foam was from Abakhan habidasherys, not sure if there is any in your part of the country. I got my fleeces from Storetwentyone. 3.99 each and they are quite big too. Always looking out to do different things for the boys. x

Aw, that is fabulous!
I am on the hunt for fleece on Thursday to make hideys, I was thinking of using boning to reinforce the dome shape?
I wouldn't use boning. If it pops out it could really injure your pigs. Foam is really good for structure and shape...just a bit of a pain to get around the sewing machine!
Those tunnels look awesome!

Th
I wouldn't use boning. If it pops out it could really injure your pigs. Foam is really good for structure and shape...just a bit of a pain to get around the sewing machine!
thankyou. Did mine on the machine, not that bad really, found it harder with the wadding tbh . X

A result! The tunnels are in with the boys and they are flat out in them:yahoo: might make a little mattress for in side them xx

They look really good! If you pin the wadding to the fleece then sew it fleece side up it makes it a ton easier!
Yeah found that out when I made cuddle cups last time, think my wadding was a bit too thick tbh. Didn't need any wadding in the tunnels . Having a think about my next project ! x

They are fantastic! Well done. I love the animal design too.
Yeah I was really pleased with the fabric, I got some with horses on as well. I kid u not I was in the shop for a good forty five minutes picking the fabric. Don't think the boys care, I'm a bit potty I think lol x

Yeah found that out when I made cuddle cups last time, think my wadding was a bit too thick tbh. Didn't need any wadding in the tunnels . Having a think about my next project ! x
Ooh I love thick wadding! I'm always doubling mine up so will be on the lookout for that. Where did you get yours from?

Ooh I love thick wadding! I'm always doubling mine up so will be on the lookout for that. Where did you get yours from?
Abakhan fabrics I think they are only up north tho . There's one in Wales I think and liverpool manchester, I've never looked ,get some good bargains there x

Abakhan fabrics I think they are only up north tho . There's one in Wales I think and liverpool manchester, I've never looked ,get some good bargains there x
Great thanks! I work in Manchester so it's easy for me to pop in and spend waaaay too much. Thanks :)

My boys are not big chewers to be honest, you could use clear plastic tubing like you use for airline for aquariums. My foam was from Abakhan habidasherys, not sure if there is any in your part of the country. I got my fleeces from Storetwentyone. 3.99 each and they are quite big too. Always looking out to do different things for the boys. x
Thank you anyway. X

Thanks. I may choose the foam then. :)

Although foam is supposed to be hazardous to pigs. Is the foam you use like children's craft, or is it like a sponge?
:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back