• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Fleece too heavy for washing machine when wet

Kirisox

New Born Pup
Reaction score
I was so happy to switch my piggies to fleece bedding, but I've got my first one in the washing machine now and it's so heavy when it's sodden with water that I can't spin the machine! I've tried the slowest spin too. I have googled and no one else seems to have this issue. Am I alone?! It's a Guineadad 2x4

I would imagine you are getting an uneven load and perhaps need other items in there to balance it out a bit

:agr: Try adding a few towels to the washing machine. That's what I do when the load is uneven.

Are you doing it on a normal wash? I haven’t had this problem (but I do wash a lot of their bedding at once) but I did try and wash our fleece on an intensive wash and it came out sodden so now I just do it on a normal wash and it comes out pretty much dry!

So pleased you found it did! It was a lot of trial and error on my part. My old machine was very temperamental and only spun stuff when it felt like it!

Back