Fleece Vr Vetbed Vr Cage Liners

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maisy and Poppy

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hi,
I will be keeping my piggys inside or outside in a shed or garage in a c and c either way but wanted to hear your opinions on these. Which are best? Can c and c cages be used inside a shed or garage? Were can you buy these bedding types. Does bedding stick to them?
I have looked at the bedding thread but what does Sport Billy mean that for vetbed a con is that electricitity bill will increase:ple:?
If piggys were outside they would have heat pads, heating, and insulation around the cage.
Thanks Emily!:)

Vet bed has to be washed in the washing machine which is why you will have a higher electricity bill then using a non washable bedding.

Yes fleece also needs to be washed. When I wrote the sticky on vet bed I was comparing it to non washable bedding. If a person was new to guinea pigs and read the vet bed information they would need to know that the electricity bill would rise if they considered using it just as if they use fleece. Does that make sense?

I have never used vetbed myself but I wonder if it has a slower drying time than fleece after washing? Don't know if that's a relevant factor for you?

The things which appeal to me about vetbed are that it is lovely and thick pile, nice and cosy, and that it is good for keeping pets dry (and I think I read that it is antibacterial?).

I've just read another thread where someone mentioned pro fleece as being an anti bacterial fleece - hadn't heard of that before.

Do you mean does hay stick to fleece or vet bed? I don't know about vetbed but fleece does get a certain amount stuck to it. I just give it a brush before washing which removes most. I did have an issue with the flower seeds of a bag of hay sticking in the fleece and being harder to brush off but the problem ended when that bag of hay did! It wasn't a huge issue anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back