• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Fleece

BearAndPanda

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I’m thinking of switching to fleece as it’s much cheaper and will fit the colour of the cage. The only question I have is what will I do when it’s in the wash?

You need multiple fleece liners so you can rotate another in while one is being washed. Given a fleece liner may only be in the cage for a few days and a washed one may take a couple of days to dry, you will need several of them.

dont forget the absorbent layer for underneath and to wick your fleece before use

You need multiple fleece liners so you can rotate another in while one is being washed. Given a fleece liner may only be in the cage for a few days and a washed one may take a couple of days to dry, you will need several of them.

dont forget the absorbent layer for underneath and to wick your fleece before use
Thanks! Do you wash the fleece with washing powder? Or just plain water?

You will need to brush off as much hair and hay as you can or this can lead to your washer becoming damaged/blocked. I use a horse rug wash bag or you can use an old duvet cover closed with a hair elastic as this helps contain all the bits. I use non bio wash powder and white vinegar instead of softner - don’t use softener as it stops fleece wicking. I don’t have big premade liners, I use fleece blankets on top of washable incontinence pads, with pee pads in high use areas.

It's also a good idea to have multiple smaller liners rather than one big one so it's easier for the washing machine to handle. I have 2 sets of liners so one is in the cage while the other is in the wash. My liners dry quite quickly (I hang them on a clothes horse overnight and they're dry by the morning).

I don’t have liners as such. I have fleeces of different sizes that I fold and put over puppy pads.

Back