• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Flies..!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Its getting closer to the time of year when we get flies.. cos of the warm/nice weather we've been having recently it wont be long til we get them..

How do you all control them?

I put a bit of citronella on the piggies bums (when the weather gets really hot or they come outside), and there are also citronella candles that are placed on or by the hutch/cages.. To make it more effective, hubby puts up a sticky fly paper in the other end of the room!

No flies for us!

xx Kelly xx

I also use fly papers and I spray "Dynamite" around but I don't think the spraying is very effective. Dynamite is mainly Citronella.

Clare x

I use a product called Buzz Off that is made by the lady at Gorgeous Guineas - it worls better than anything else I've found!

we use Raid in the shed when the bunnies are out and we are gettin sticky paper for the shed to, ive never had a problem with flies with in piggies :) x

Flies are my big hate I lost a rabbit to fly strike once and she was a beautiful bunny, Shani was bathed on friday evening and sunday she was crawling with maggots thats how quick the little bugs hit, the vet cleaned her up but she died of the wound, I have made it my mission in life to rid my 2 pig sheds of them
I have a electric fly zapper in each shed and leave most spiders webs, I also have a great time swatting the things, this year I intend getting the fly nets you can get for doors put up,
when I hear the buzzers ping I get a hugh feeling of delight "another one bites the dust" is usually heard coming from my shed lol,
you can buy an item similar to dogs flea drops for small animals but it would cost me a fortune for my lot, so with my protective measures I do keep the little blighters down, if anyone can think of anything else I can try please let me know, in fact thinking of it I'm going to order a new zapper now for the girls as their one is'nt as good as the boys

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back