• You can find lots of information on how to settle in, understand your new guinea pigs in our New Owners Guide Collection but please ask any questions you have in Wannabe and New Owners' section.

Floor time for outdoor piggies

Chloe.123

Junior Guinea Pig
I just thought I would share this as I’ve really been struggling to find something suitable for my outdoor piggies to have floor time.

I got them on amazon and a lot cheaper than an indoor run. My poor piggies haven’t had any floor time for at least a week and they very happy popcorning around 😍 E14A70E8-A499-44A4-856E-01784551ECB8.jpeg 1DBCD34C-5882-46A8-88B2-74D1D52900AE.jpeg

It’s great. I have c&c grids cable tied together (except the last one, so they fold for storage) which I can pop back up in a matter of minutes to use as an indoor run but I only use it during the summer months. Do be very very careful bringing outdoor piggies indoors at this time of year though. The temperature change from outside into the house and then back out again can be detrimental to their health. I personally don’t bring my outdoor piggies inside after the end of October for those reasons.

Chloe.123

Junior Guinea Pig
It’s great. I have c&c grids cable tied together (except the last one, so they fold for storage) which I can pop back up in a matter of minutes to use as an indoor run but I only use it during the summer months. Do be very very careful bringing outdoor piggies indoors at this time of year though. The temperature change from outside into the house and then back out again can be detrimental to their health. I personally don’t bring my outdoor piggies inside after the end of October for those reasons.
I didn’t think about doing that! I’ve got loads of unused c&c grids :doh: I was worried about the temperature so I’ve left the door open to try and keep it the same

David Pet Lover

Forum Donator 2017/18
I just thought I would share this as I’ve really been struggling to find something suitable for my outdoor piggies to have floor time.

I got them on amazon and a lot cheaper than an indoor run. My poor piggies haven’t had any floor time for at least a week and they very happy popcorning around 😍 View attachment 102165 View attachment 102166
I have one of these. Gets a bit messy when pigs had a wee or two.
Takes bit cleaning. :hmm:

Betsy

Forum Donator 2017/18
I have a bunny run off Amazon and I use and old mattress protector on the floor. I only have them in for max half an hour when the temperature outside is above 10-12 degrees and the heating in the house is off. The bunny run sets up in less than a minute and folds down small so I can pack it away.