• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

FLORENCE, I MADE HER ILL, DO NOT FEED CHIVES WARNING,

David Piggie Lover

Forum Donator 2022/23
Reaction score
Let me start by saying FLORENCE is ok,
I made a STUPID mistake few days ago, I gave Florence and Mrs Dougal some chives as a treat,
FLORENCE Loved it ate most, Sunday morning she very quiet and as you know when your piggie is not right she looked at her food picked a little left and went to bed I tho is it her teeth or what, I was worried so I for some reason looked into Chives and was shocked and very remorseful to realise that chives being from the onion family is a no, NO,
result has been a long hard worrying few days for me, She was ill and not herself, To See your piggie go to food and pick instead of munching away knowing my fault hurt,
She was eating little but course not enough, You know when piggie needs help and well a vet trip was the plan, But Tue morning she ate more and slowly she's fine, cut things up and well she ate more at the night OK Wed morning her squeak returned and started munching on a hard carrot stick they have,
Guys I made a mistake and putting this on here cos if 1 person learns that CHIVES are bad,
Heres the look I got when I asked her if she wanted a treat,
20210306_091514.jpg20210306_092845.jpg
helping clean this am,
20210306_092526.jpg.
FLORENCE I'm sorry, x

Pleased Florence is OK. It's a mistake that you won't make again. We all know you didn't do it on purpose. We know how much your piggies mean to you. That doesn't help the way you feel.

Oh no poor Florence and poor you!
Piggies are daft and dont know when to say no to things :( chives are onion type things not good for piggy tummies at all... so glad she's ok sending hugs to you all, easy mistake to make when the piggies dont say no thanks when they should x

So glad that she's ok.....she doesn't look very impressed with you though! I love Florence's cross faces 😂
I presume Mrs Dougal didn't eat any then?

Oh bless you Dave, it can be such an easy mistake to make. When I first got piggies I threw them some leek and wondered why they didn't touch it, thankfully piggies knew better than me! I often have to tell my niece and nephew not to feed the chives out of my herb garden, they reach for them as they are long and stable and easy to feed through cage bars.

So glad Florence is ok, breathe Dave, all is ok

Sending you hugs Dave, it was an easy mistake to make. Florence has forgiven you so please forgive yourself you are such a wonderful piggie Dad. I do think Florence needs a few more treats to make up for feeling off for a few days though. :D

Pleased Florence is OK. It's a mistake that you won't make again. We all know you didn't do it on purpose. We know how much your piggies mean to you. That doesn't help the way you feel.
Cheers , you right I won't do that again, still can't belive I missed chives being a no, doh me

Oh no poor Florence and poor you!
Piggies are daft and dont know when to say no to things :( chives are onion type things not good for piggy tummies at all... so glad she's ok sending hugs to you all, easy mistake to make when the piggies dont say no thanks when they should x
Thank you for reply, she's good today and I've learnt a lesson. X

So glad that she's ok.....she doesn't look very impressed with you though! I love Florence's cross faces 😂
I presume Mrs Dougal didn't eat any then?
Mrs Dougal sniffed and left it, , so course Florence helped and ate hers, can't always stop a greedy piggie, lol.

Oh bless you Dave, it can be such an easy mistake to make. When I first got piggies I threw them some leek and wondered why they didn't touch it, thankfully piggies knew better than me! I often have to tell my niece and nephew not to feed the chives out of my herb garden, they reach for them as they are long and stable and easy to feed through cage bars.

So glad Florence is ok, breathe Dave, all is ok
Thats why I bought them as I know piggies like stems, Kelly I've learnt a lesson and hopefully if people see this others won't do what I did, xx

Sending you hugs Dave, it was an easy mistake to make. Florence has forgiven you so please forgive yourself you are such a wonderful piggie Dad. I do think Florence needs a few more treats to make up for feeling off for a few days though. :D
Shes has had treats, , last seen with a wet chin thats smells of pear, lol x

Back