• Dying, terminal illness and euthanasia: New sensitive support guide for guinea pig owners Please Click Here

Flowers for photos ?

Lighteningamy

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I am going to do photoshoot of my piggies (one has cancer) thankfully my friend is a photographer and the guinea pigs are used to him ,I'm just wondering what flowers I can use to get photos with ? Or any other photo ideas will be gladly appreciated ! Thanks

Jesse's pigs

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Oh I'm sorry to hear one has cancer. Huge hugs to you and the poorly piggy. That is a lovely idea and I do mini 'photoshoots' with my boys all the time. Perhaps you could do one with plush toys? Or some cardboard cutouts?

In terms of flowers, dandelions are fine to be with guinea pigs or you could purchase some of those treat bags that have dried petals in- at least you know they are all ok to be with piggies.

Here's a few of mine. Sometimes it's best to just let them do their thing and snap away while they are. 😊

Attachments

PigglePuggle

Forum Donator 2019/20
Reaction score
Sorry to hear your piggy has cancer, a photoshoot is a lovely idea. How about piggies in a basket of rose petals? Rose petals are a safely edible and attractive photo prop!

Bill & Ted

Forum Donator 2019/20
Reaction score
Avoid any bulbs like daffodils, lilies snowdrops etc they are extremely poisonous. Sorry to hear your little piggie is so poorly, hope the photo shoot goes well, I would love to see the photos x

Merab's Slave

Forum Buddy
Reaction score
Such lovely piggies.
Your little Himi reminds me of a very special piggy I had as a child

Lighteningamy

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
@Lighteningamy The photos look as though scarves are tied onto your piggies. I’m removing the ones that look this way. . Hope you understand our stance on this issue.
I 100% understand your concern , I had measures the piggies before hand and then tied the bandanas them too size but attached velcro on to give it the knotted effect at the bottom

VickiA

Staff member
Reaction score
I’m afraid even using Velcro to secure them breaches our rules about dressing up piggies in costumes. For future photos on here, if the piggies can’t shake it off then it isn’t allowed. So if you simply had a bandana and draped it on, that would be ok as the piggy could walk away from under it or simply shake it off. But if it is secured in any way then it isn’t allowed.

Lighteningamy

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I’m afraid even using Velcro to secure them breaches our rules about dressing up piggies in costumes. For future photos on here, if the piggies can’t shake it off then it isn’t allowed. So if you simply had a bandana and draped it on, that would be ok as the piggy could walk away from under it or simply shake it off. But if it is secured in any way then it isn’t allowed.
Okay thanks for letting me know sorry for posted them to start with should have had a read sorry