• You can find lots of information on how to settle in, understand your new guinea pigs in our New Owners Guide Collection but please ask any questions you have in Wannabe and New Owners' section.

Food Ball with bell = Happy (naughty) Pigs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

AudioHeart

Senior Guinea Pig
I got one of these for my boys today and it comes with giant bell on the end, it's bigger than my boys hehe:

http://www.zooplus.co.uk/shop/small_pets/toys_transport/guinea_pig_toys/13210

They both love their new toy, but after reading some horror stories of the bells falling off and choking piggies I decided to supervise them with it and I'm glad i did!

Artie soon found that if you pull the bell with your mouth, and let go you can wack your brother with the veggie ball rolleyes in the end i had to move poor Harvey who didn't quite understand that if he moved away he wouldn't keep getting whacked by the new toy...silly pig!mallethead

(I suppose it's Arties way of getting his own back after Harvey shifted the hay box over the entrance of the stairway in the hutch, and left him without any blackcurrent and origano pellets for an afternoon!) I have two intelligant but naughty pigs!

Has anyone else had their piggies being naughty with food balls before? Or is it just mine? haha! :))

JayceeStar

Adult Guinea Pig
Awwh, sounds like they love it! My piggies aren't naughty with their balls, but my bunnies are, with their bowls! I have My rescue bun Milly and her two daughters in one huge hutch, and Milly really enjoys picking up the food bowl and throwing it at her daughters! It's only very lightweight so doesn't hurt them, but it's so funny to watch!

Romily

Adult Guinea Pig
Mine love theirs but don't do anything funny with it, I need more entertaining piggies!

aidanandnicki

Junior Guinea Pig
That's so funny, did you get the smaller size ball? I haven't seen them before so our piggies havent done anything funny with food balls, but Honey has great fun with her veggie bowl. She takes great delight in sticking her nose underneath and digging until she can throw it in the air. I don't think she believes that we haven't hidden more food underneath.

One day we found that somehow she'd taken the bowl to the top layer of the cage, put it in the little cuddle bed and was curled up next to it!

AudioHeart

Senior Guinea Pig
Awwh, sounds like they love it! My piggies aren't naughty with their balls, but my bunnies are, with their bowls! I have My rescue bun Milly and her two daughters in one huge hutch, and Milly really enjoys picking up the food bowl and throwing it at her daughters! It's only very lightweight so doesn't hurt them, but it's so funny to watch!
Awwwww hehe her poor daughters! Naughty mummy!

Status
Not open for further replies.