• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Forage recommendations

Pigglemama

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hi
I posted a question last week about pellets and have cut them down to twice a week and even then just a tablespoon. Based on the replies I had I would like to order some dry forage for my two to mix in With their hay. I am feeling a little lost with the choice out there and don’t want it to contain alfalfa. I Would ideally like to support a small business. Does anyone have any recommendations for forage/companies that sell it?

Thank you!

I use piggy parcels for their forage and pellets. It's a small business and I think someone on here runs it?
Yes I think its @Guineautopia. Here is the link for you

Piggie Parcels

I've been using Piggie Parcels for years. The forage is of high quality and my piggies love it. They love the pellets too.

Hi
I posted a question last week about pellets and have cut them down to twice a week and even then just a tablespoon. Based on the replies I had I would like to order some dry forage for my two to mix in With their hay. I am feeling a little lost with the choice out there and don’t want it to contain alfalfa. I Would ideally like to support a small business. Does anyone have any recommendations for forage/companies that sell it?

Thank you!
I also use piggy parcels. I use their pellets also. Though I also use other pellets as a treat.

Thank you all for recommendations 😍

@Pigglemama I sell forage for piggies but I don’t stock Alfalfa at all, so you won’t find it in any of my products.
I have a nice Introduction to Forage parcel with lots of yummy items 👍🏻

Introduction to Forage Parcel

Feel free to ask any questions 😊
I’ve just placed my first order- dried leaves parcel, pellets and celery stalks! I’m excited to give them to my piggies! Xx

Everything smells good except the dried beetroot. The boys love it though and the purple poops that result are very...... interesting 😁

Dear @YvonneBlue and @Guineautopia

How very dare you even think about taking a nibble of dried apple?!? That is disgraceful behaviour from a Slave. You should be ashamed of yourselves! Here at Betsy Towers, we love our dried apple chunks (we are allowed 3 each just before bedtime). Dried Apple is lovely but is for GUINEA PIG EATING ONLY!

I have sent your piggies a wheakmail letting them know what to do if you ever do that again. Although we have told @Guineautopia's piggies not to be so hard on her as she does yummy forage.

Yours very disappointed in your actions

Miss Bramble
Shop Steward

Dear @YvonneBlue and @Guineautopia

How very dare you even think about taking a nibble of dried apple?!? That is disgraceful behaviour from a Slave. You should be ashamed of yourselves! Here at Betsy Towers, we love our dried apple chunks (we are allowed 3 each just before bedtime). Dried Apple is lovely but is for GUINEA PIG EATING ONLY!

I have sent your piggies a wheakmail letting them know what to do if you ever do that again. Although we have told @Guineautopia's piggies not to be so hard on her as she does yummy forage.

Yours very disappointed in your actions

Miss Bramble
Shop Steward
Dear Miss Bramble, my profound apologies but the piggies were squeaking so loudly I just had to get in on the action. Also I was hungry 🤣🤣🤣🤣
Please don’t tell Napoleon as he will probably chew my shoes at the next opportunity 😬

Back