• UK storm warning - Danger of unseasonal high winds and falling trees! Please secure any hutches and sheds, and bring your guinea pigs and rabbits indoors if possible! Click Here for info

Foster Piggies Going Back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

AuntyC

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
my lovely boys are being returned to the Rspca centre tomorrow morning after 4 weeks with me. In that time the lone boar has been successfully bonded with a new friend, they have grown a lot and gained a ton of confidence. Unfortunately the only short haired lad has developed a skin problem( was seen by the vet this afternoon) and at the centre he will get the skilled nursing care required if he needs further treatment. As the centre now have two spare large cages all the boys can go back. I will miss them loads, I always do. But can see them when I am doing my volunteering for cuddles. Picture is of 2 of the long-haired fluff balls. If somebody can rotate the pic for me? Cheers xView attachment 22880

image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
P

piggyfan

You did a wonderful thing fostering them. How lovely one boar has a new friend.

AuntyC

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Thank you for rotating the pic! I feel sorry for the short haired piggy who has been to the vet. I spotted he was itchy within a couple of days of arrival, applied Xeno to all four( they were due for routine treatment anyway) then a few days later noticed a small white scurfy patch and thought "oh oh, have we a fungal problem?" A couple of baths and a repeat Xeno seemed to help, then two days ago some hair loss happened on his back so off to the vets he went! The vet sent off some skin scrapings so we wait to see what the verdict is. But at least the staff at the centre can keep a close eye on him and the same vet visits once a week. It is the first time I have had a foster pig develop a problem. :(He was the lone one who was bonded, so maybe the stress affected him a bit. They all get plenty of veg with a little bit of probiotic powder sprinkled on every day.

PiggieHerd

Forum Donator 2017/18
Reaction score
Awe...I'm glad that some of your fosterees found good home. I don't know how you do it, I think would get attached and adopt them.

Status
Not open for further replies.