• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Found A Little Lump

Status
Not open for further replies.

salembinx

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
took Murray back to the vets to get his eyes checked they are fine now I'm really happy. This morning while giving him his eye drops noticed a little lump on his tummy. The vet checked it while I was there said it was a cyst. I have two options they can try and do a little test to see what it is, however in piggies it doesn't always give a clear indication. The second have the lump removed while its small. I'm in a dilemma its not causing pain, and it's the first time I've noticed it despite me checking my piggies regularly. Don't want to put him through unessasary surgery. Any other members had some dealings with cysts, any help would be appriciated. I know I'm bieng over cautious but losing two piggies last year really devastated me, I don't want anything happening again. Please some guidance please x

Firstly, poor little Murray, what a shock for you. The only experience I had was my oldie Blossom whom had a cyst on her tummy and it didn't cause her any issues at all. But naturally they are all different and it's hard to say what to do in the circumstance. I choose not to go mad about it and it certainly wasn't the cause of her death in the end.

Good luck with your decision x

T
Firstly, poor little Murray, what a shock for you. The only experience I had was my oldie Blossom whom had a cyst on her tummy and it didn't cause her any issues at all. But naturally they are all different and it's hard to say what to do in the circumstance. I choose not to go mad about it and it certainly wasn't the cause of her death in the end.

Good luck with your decision x
thanks. I'm going to keep a close eye on him see if it changes or gets bigger. Just want to do the best by him, oh I really don't know I could cry x

No problem, it's always nice to know that someone is out their caring. Some friends whom aren't piggy people just don't understand.
This is the caring sharing forum x

Let us know what you decide

Poor little guy! Sundae has a mobile little lump on her shoulder which the vet is pretty sure is a cyst. We elected not to biopsy it because she is getting older (almost 5 now) and has had a lot of medical issues already over the years (bladder issues, dental issues, and a large facial abscess that was lanced and drained and took months to fully heal.) I don't want to put her through anything stressful unless it's necessary. I monitor it to make sure it isn't any larger (so far it has been stable for months.) If it gets bigger we will attempt to biopsy or remove it, but until then I am just going to keep an eye on it. Good luck whatever choice you make! It's stressful when these things come up!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back