• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Found My Old Vet

gizzy

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
After a long and painstaking search l have finally found my old vet Michelle Lawrence!
She is at pets at home St Helens,
I have a group of sows and one of them (Momin)an extremely mild natured little sow, had started to show signs of a overian syst, (bi lateral hair loss )
I was reluctant to go to my usual vet as l felt they may have simply opted for spaying, as they aren't realy pig savvy!
Michelle said there was a cyst but it was to tiny to treat! She told me to simply keep a close eye to it and to take it back to her if it changed, or if she started mounting her cage mates or vice versa!

Excellent! Would you recommend i put them on the vet locator?

Well done @gizzy - always good to find recommended vets.

Thanks VickiA, Michelle is the most caring knolageable vet l have ever met, she looked after my animals for many years , (80s) l would trust her without question, l was gutted when she left Arndale vet center , lm just glad that she is practising again so close to were l live

I'm really pleased for you. Its such a relief when you have a vet you know you can trust with the piggies.

I've just come back from seeing Michelle. She obviously loves guinea pigs, she was really making a fuss of them and cooing over how gorgeous they are

Oops posted too soon!
I'd took Luna cause she is always yellow underneath and had lost some fur on her tummy. She seemed to know her stuff and gave me treatment options. Luna isn't in any pain so don't think it's bladder stones. I'm going to try and get a urine sample and take it in for testing.
Michelle wanted to see Ginny as well (who had come along for the ride), just for a cuddle.
It made me laugh when Michelle said Luna was quite big (1040g). Then when I got Ginny out she said oh my (1300g). I was impressed when she weighed Ginny as well and gave her a quick once over. Other vets had said they'd have to charge me twice to do that!
I'll definitely stick to seeing her in future.

Back