• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Fox under my Deck!

Cavy chaos

New Born Pup
Reaction score
OMG. Yesterday morning 8.30, I saw a fox with a pigeon flapping in its mouth cross my garden and go under the decking. I need to get it out and prevent it coming back, but what should I do about putting my guinea’s out for lawn time? They would stay out a lot in summer. I feel lucky they have remained safe so far. They live inside with me so it is a lawn time problem. Should I put them out at all, I cant watch them all the time.

I think you need a joiner to fill all the holes/put secure skirting around to prevent the fox getting under it. Once he has lost his den he will find somewhere else. Of course make sure that Mr Fox isn’t trapped inside before you start work. I wouldn’t put them out on the lawn at all until the fox has gone and you see no other sightings for a good while, it’s not worth it even with a secure run, they are great diggers if they see/smell something tasty

OMG. Yesterday morning 8.30, I saw a fox with a pigeon flapping in its mouth cross my garden and go under the decking. I need to get it out and prevent it coming back, but what should I do about putting my guinea’s out for lawn time? They would stay out a lot in summer. I feel lucky they have remained safe so far. They live inside with me so it is a lawn time problem. Should I put them out at all, I cant watch them all the time.
I think you need a joiner to fill all the holes/put secure skirting around to prevent the fox getting under it. Once he has lost his den he will find somewhere else. Of course make sure that Mr Fox isn’t trapped inside before you start work. I wouldn’t put them out on the lawn at all until the fox has gone and you see no other sightings for a good while, it’s not worth it even with a secure run, they are great diggers if they see/smell something tasty

🦊Gosh be careful. They have been known to clear fences and pull chicken wire fencing apart. Foxes are so smart. I would never put my guineas out again in my opinion. I often see foxes with ground hogs in their mouth for their babies walking through our property. Not worth the risk in my opinion. 🌸

I am going to have the deck sealed up. I dont know how to tell if he is in there or not though. Could be a he or a she in which case I will hit the roof as a litter of cubs are not what i want.

The last thing you want is a fox family. Could you try banging a can to scare it off maybe. We had a fox family at the back of our yard a few years back. I did not like it at all. I was afraid by accident one of my cats would get outdoors. That year they just left thankfully. There were 4 pups in the litter. I wish you success. We have not had them since then and no more musky stink.

Back