• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Freddie And His New/old Wife :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Critter

Reaction score
A while back I posted about finding Freddie a new wife after his loved Snowball had passed away.
Here is one of the last photos taken of Snowball....
P1120450.JPG

Freddie spent two weeks alone. Here's the unsuspecting (but bored) Freddie on Thursday......
P1120454.JPG

P1120455.JPG

Oreo, a wife he has lived with before, arrived on Saturday morning.... .

Here's my first picture of Oreo in her temporary pen, settling in.
P1120462.JPG

After a while and she had had a good sleep, I reintroduced her to her husboar, and it was the politest of introductions/reintroductions I have ever seen! He was clearly chuffed to see her, but welcomed her very gently.
Then all at once it was hump-fest. Ah well.
Once he'd got that out of his system I put them both in Freddie's cage and after a bit of amorous chasing things settled down nicely, and have been settled since. She had a moment where Freddie fell asleep and she went up and nuzzled his back, which woke him immediately in a very amorous mood, but later in the evening, and all this morning, things have been calm. They've shared some lovely moments, and I saw him strutting his stuff for her, to which she stayed put and offered a nose-boop, to Freddie's delight (he was all strut-popcorn-strut-vibrate-popcorn-vibrate-strut-popcorn)

She is nervous, but not as nervous as I thought (I was told she was shy), she has eaten out of my hand. She has gone to him when nervous, and yes, basically, a very good reintroduction of two love-birds, both originally from London :)

I haven't managed very good photos, and not of them together, but they have spent time together - I can assure you :)

Photos that O have managed:
Chooken moment from last night!
P1120464.JPG

P1120467.JPG

P1120470.JPG

P1120479.JPG

And completely changing the subject, a large and beautiful moth found in my son's room :)
P1120473.JPG

Its so nice how you take the time to re introduce,they will have a great life together up and down the tunnels!

I love the sixth photo down,peeking out in a cheeky way.

Thank you for all your compliments and well-wishes for their future :) She's lovely, and he's chuffed, and all is harmonious, so I'm very happy indeed :)
Only thing is I am thinking of changing her name, but can't decide what. Oreo suits her though :)

Snowball was such a gorgeous :love: piggy.

I am so pleased Freddie is getting on with his new wifey piggy. Isn't she a stunner! :love:

Cannot wait to hear more of this new friendship!

That's lovely! Is that one giant cage? Must take forever to clean!
Thank you :)

It's supposed to be one big cage, but it had to be split unfortunately. Snowball had a fall-out with the herd, so I split the cage so that she could live on the top two levels, and the others on the bottom levels. I then found Freddie to partner up with her, and since she died Freddie now has Oreo (since Freddie and one of the other sows do not get on at all).
I would love for the cage to be all-one again, with one herd, but sadly it's not to be.

The run can be taken out and put away quickly and easily, and as in the picture there's ramps from the top for Freddie and Oreo, and if I take the ramps away and fold down the front of the bottom level it becomes one large floor-space for the girls. So run time is split between the two pairs. :)

It does take a while to clean....! :)

Lol, this made me laugh. Freddie you little sex pest ;)
I love your set up. That ramp is impressive. I was ready to hang myself with cable ties just trying to make a ramp with 3 c&c grids. :td:

Awww :luv: hello little moth!

Beautiful piggies and a great cage! I can see how Oreo got her name it suits her. :D

Only just seen this. Lovely photos and so glad its all turned out so well.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back