• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Free Range

Status
Not open for further replies.

CarnivalPiggy

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
With enough persuasion, I think I may be allowed a room to let the guinea pigs free rang in. Any advice? I'm only 70% sure I'll get the room, but I'm hoping I'll have it for them :)

Thanks! The only thing that's in there electric wise is a lamp that has wires wake up high and a keyboard which will be bordered off or preferably moved out. I'll look out for gaps too. It is a 50/50 thing right now, but I'd love them to have a room to themselves.

Block off any radiator pipes (Nala had a taste for metal) and protect your flooring from pee!
Hehe I will! Any suggestions as to how to protect flooring? I'm using carpet and probably won't be able to have it changed out.

Fingers crossed, your piggies will love it! A bit of pig-proofing is a must but it wouldn't take much to turn into a piggy heaven! One everything they can chew or get stuck in is out of access then lots of hideys, tubes and beds!

Hehe I will! Any suggestions as to how to protect flooring? I'm using carpet and probably won't be able to have it changed out.[/QUOTE]
Hmm I had wooden flooring so wasn't really too bad, with carpet you could cover the floor with a shower curtain or two, depending on the size of the room, then top with towels/fleece or some large sheets. Depends how much you care about the carpet or how often you can clean it. I still had their cage which I just left open and they done most their wees & poos in there.

My rabbits free roam in my spare bedroom. I've covered the floor with an old rug, a kid's playmat/rug thing I got from IKEA for about a tenner, and an off-cut of lino. It works quite well but would be a pain if they did lots of pees on the rugs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back