• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

fright of my life!

dannif_piggies

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
So here I am, 3 in the morning, updating you all on the event that just happened. I was peacefully asleep, when I got woken up by a loud bang, and no noise followed by the pigs, I instantly knew something was wrong, jumped out of bed, put my phone light on. to my horror, Willow had jumped into Lois and Laines cage! But surprisingly (and luckily) I acted quick enough and I think they were all still in shock so no one reacted to anyone. So I've just got the last few grids I had, and made a higher wall where the cage joins the girls cages. I cant believe it!
Willow is feeling rather lonely now I think, and just want to be with another piggy. I've been in contact with all the local rescues for quite some time now and just waiting for a single piggy to become available to try bonding. She seems so distressed tonight and just wants to be with Lois and Laine 😪

Update: I've just spent the last hour rearranging their c&c so that Willow cannot jump over any kind of height and hurt herself, 3 hours and I've got to be up again! Oh the joys

Lucky you responded so quickly given the time of night.
I am not sure I would have been that quick at 3am!

Poor Willow - I hope she gets a friend very soon.

Lucky you responded so quickly given the time of night.
I am not sure I would have been that quick at 3am!

Poor Willow - I hope she gets a friend very soon.
I'm lucky that I'm a light sleeper in that aspect, little noises don't bother me but the bang of Willow jumping over certainly was something my brain knew I should be worried about 😱

I don't remember the history of your girls, so I'm wondering if all 3 could live together?
Basically, I had two girl pairs, Willow was with a six year old sow, Honey, around a month ago she had to be put to sleep. Since then I've been in contact with rescues, and the bonding between the 3 girls got very heated with a lot of raising up onto hind legs and teeth showing. I called the bonding off and have had them living side by side since. Never has this happend. I'm kind of grateful it happened at night, whilst I was in my room, imagine if it happened whilst I was working and what I could've comeback home to 😭😪

Basically, I had two girl pairs, Willow was with a six year old sow, Honey, around a month ago she had to be put to sleep. Since then I've been in contact with rescues, and the bonding between the 3 girls got very heated with a lot of raising up onto hind legs and teeth showing. I called the bonding off and have had them living side by side since. Never has this happend. I'm kind of grateful it happened at night, whilst I was in my room, imagine if it happened whilst I was working and what I could've comeback home to 😭😪

I thought there was probably a reason but I just threw it in there in case it hadn't crossed your mind.

If she wants to be with them would it be worth trying her again? If they have been living side by side perhaps they will have reconsidered the other option could be a neutered boar rather than a girl. The boys have great personalities (apologies if you've thought of this already).

I must admit I have been super lucky, after I lost Toby I decided to bond everyone into one group. Our meetings went like a dream, no issues at all of dominance of any sort. Once they returned to there cage the two top sowa had a bit of a dominance battle but I literally saw it start and then diffuse. The girls squared up and the other one immediately backed down and groomed her face then they both lay down together and that was it.

If only all pig's could be so easy, I hope you find a solution for Willow soon!

If she wants to be with them would it be worth trying her again? If they have been living side by side perhaps they will have reconsidered the other option could be a neutered boar rather than a girl. The boys have great personalities (apologies if you've thought of this already).

I must admit I have been super lucky, after I lost Toby I decided to bond everyone into one group. Our meetings went like a dream, no issues at all of dominance of any sort. Once they returned to there cage the two top sowa had a bit of a dominance battle but I literally saw it start and then diffuse. The girls squared up and the other one immediately backed down and groomed her face then they both lay down together and that was it.

If only all pig's could be so easy, I hope you find a solution for Willow soon!
I've have tried the bonding twice. Once soon after we lost Honey, then the girls lives side by side for a week and I tried again. Things were just as heated. I'm hoping to get a neutered boar actually but doesn't bother me what I end up with as long as willow is happy :)

Back