From table height to floor level

Helen82

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Not sure if I'm going to be able to do this as it requires a lot of furniture re-organisation, but I'm pondering moving Stanley and Primrose's C & C cage from where it is at the moment on top of 2 tables to down on the floor. Hopefully this will make exercise, lap time etc a lot easier and also at the moment the cage is slightly too wide for the table and buckling a bit at the front. Aside from how I'm going to reconfigure furniture and storage of their stuff and my stuff, my main concern is whether two piggies who have spent 3 and a half months living at table height might feel vulnerable and nervous being permanently down on the floor? I don't have any other pets so they're not at risk from passing cats or dogs and they live in the spare room so they wouldn't have constant walking past them. Just a bit worried that if they lived a lot lower down than they are used to, I would go from being the benign food-bringer to terrifying giantess!

Swissgreys

Staff member
Reaction score
In the time they have been with us ours have changed height several times from floor level, onto a C&C grid stand, up onto proper tables, and Ruby is now back down at floor level.

I can honestly say that it hasn't made a differecne at all, as I always chat to them in the same voice when I approach their cages, and I think they know I am usually armed with food of some description!

Helen82

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
In the time they have been with us ours have changed height several times from floor level, onto a C&C grid stand, up onto proper tables, and Ruby is now back down at floor level.

I can honestly say that it hasn't made a differecne at all, as I always chat to them in the same voice when I approach their cages, and I think they know I am usually armed with food of some description!
Thank you, that's reassuring!

Tigermoth

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I can echo that. Mine made the drop from atableto the floor and they didn’t seem to care one jot. They still love me best if I have food.