• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Frustrated mama, confused pigs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

piglet_and_rogers_mama

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
As a few of you may know, i'm treating my pigs for ringworm with an oral medication that my vet gave us. its in one of those little plastic syringes, and ive been instructed to "stick it behind their teeth via the side of their mouth" and just squirt the meds in. the only problem is, my pigs will not cooperate to save their lives! ive tried almost everything i can think of to get them to chill out. lately ive taken to swaddling them in a towel so they cant move as much, but its not working out too well. they're getting upset, i'm getting frustrated, and they usually just end up spitting out what i have managed to put in. ive resulted in putting the meds on a veg to try to get it in them that way, but i dont like doing that because that is very unprescise. and i did find that article someone wrote about giving pigs meds, but mine are not nearly as complacent as that pig appered to be. we need help! any suggestions? :{

I think you'll just have to keep doing what youre doing to be honest.
Give plenty of cuddles and treats afterwards
Hope they get better soon

ugh i wish it wasnt so hard. fortunately its a 2 week treatment, so it's not like it's forever, but I'm afraid they're not getting enough and that it wont clear it up or itll just come back. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back