• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Fucithalmic Side Effects?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheAurora

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Sorry, me again.

Has anyone heard of any possible side effects for guinea pigs using Fucithalmic eye drops?

Since using it Casran's eye has got worse not better. It could be the natural progression of things ... We are going back to the vet Thursday anyway.

I've searched the Internet but can't find anywhere what reaction sensitivity could induce.

Anyone here experienced any side effects from these drops or know of any?

Thanks x

Please have him re-booked and seen as soon as you can!

Heading back to the vet now x

Poor you! Fucithalmic are what Lacey is on twice a day and has been for about a year now with no ill effects so far. So I would say not as long as he is not allergic. It sounds like another course of treatment maybe needs exploring?

Sorry no video as yet, our neighbours car alarm went off half the night last night which meant no sleep and a very very grumpy guinea slave, hubby and guineas this morning. Aiming for tonight though.

Let us know how you get on at the vets..good luck.

HUGS!

Please don't panic and concentrate on sending your boy encouraging and soothing thoughts instead.

A spot on the top of the eye is usually an ulceration; that tends to clear pretty well. I hope that the problem can be sorted; it depends on how things look below. Good that you have taken him to be seen promptly.

He's out. Nurses and reception staff all making a fuss of him to try to perk him up a little. Update soon x

I know this is a lot to take in but he could be totally fine. Please do not think the worst just yet. My late Marble had to have an eye removed and she did not seem to notice at all. If this should happen then he will cope very well too.

Thanks for your reassurance @piggyfan and sharing your story x

I'm just wondering - with everything he's been through tonight - should I give him his drops or leave it for this evening?

The nurses and reception staff are looking after him while I'm at the supermarket - there's a wait for a taxi!

Argh as weibke says, don't panic! It could just be an ulcer and sounds similar to some injuries mine have had which were fine after time. Pretty common, And.... IF the worse came to the worse and he did lose an eye, please be reassured they are fine.

When Lacey lost an eye I was utterly gutted, panicking, total meltdown. Deep down I was also repulsed at the thought. Since she lost her eye she has been more confident and assertive than ever before. You would never know. She is losing her sight in her remaing eye but again you would never know. So please don't panic (easier said than done I know). He really will be fine either way x

Poor you and poor Casran. Hope things improve. Your vets seem to have treated him well which must be reassuring for you at least x

Thanks for your reassurance @piggyfan and sharing your story x

I'm just wondering - with everything he's been through tonight - should I give him his drops or leave it for this evening?

The nurses and reception staff are looking after him while I'm at the supermarket - there's a wait for a taxi!

the vet clinic should be able to tell you about what ou need to do and how soon. All the best!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back