• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Fudge Doesn't Think I Need To Poo Clean!

Flamestriker

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
image.jpeg image.jpeg

I poo clean every day, like everyone else. Having 8 piggies in a 16x2 C&C cage on liners produces poos like no one would believe!

Anyway, I just went in to the front bed room of the house to start poo cleaning and saw a sprawled out Fudge on the liner. She was NOT going to move...and she looked so comfy that I will poo clean in a bit.

I will not fill the hay trays up so much either, as the piggies drag it everywhere! Now where did I leave that curry comb?!

You could start your own fertiliser business! :D

What curry comb have you got? The hair in my fleece now is unreal, I need to find a better way to get the hair out as my rubber brush thing I use doesn't seem to be great XD

One for horses. It doesn't get it all out but it helps. The hand held Dyson I use also helps but there will always be hair remaining. At least it's clean!

Cavy Kung-Fu, my liners are covered with hair, and so are all of the fleecy things. My home will always have hay pieces throughout, and the fleece will always have hair!

Sigh

One for horses. It doesn't get it all out but it helps. The hand held Dyson I use also helps but there will always be hair remaining. At least it's clean!

Cavy Kung-Fu, my liners are covered with hair, and so are all of the fleecy things. My home will always have hay pieces throughout, and the fleece will always have hair!

Sigh

I'm glad it's not just me! :)) I've wondered whether or not it's possible to get them professionally cleaned every now and then to try and get it all out but I'm sure the pigs don't care XD

image.jpeg image.jpeg My lot don't care. They are pleased to have fleece liners!

The red fleece is AFTER washing and being brushed! You can imagine what it's like before!

Haha that looks like my fleeces! Except they're mostly covered in dark hairs and specifically rex hairs as they cork screw into EVERYTHING and are hard to get out :))

I have 5 Rex piggies and three short haired piggies.

And the short haired piggies moult. Usually on me and anything fleece related!

I find all of it tough. Piggy hair sticks to fleece like dratted Velcro! My red fleece for work is covered with piggy hairs...and I do not go near them when wearing it.

The Rex don't seem to moult as much as the short haired pigs. Now you gave got me thinking...

Sigh
love your setup! looks great to me! everywhere in my piggy palace seems to attract not so much the piggy hair but masses of hay! Although the hay is supposed to be in its own areas it creeps in to all the rooms in the house. I wash my fleeces inside a special fleece wash bag but when I try to remove the hair and hay from the inside of that it ends up all over the place! I think my piggies are just the messiest lot out!

I have to poo clean everyday too, it’s makes me laugh because I have 11 piggies. 6 adults and 5 babies. But have two very large two storey hutches for them. But they ALL choose to sleep In the same one In The same section. So the poo there is unreal!
its a wonder you can find the piggies in amongst it all! LOL

Sigh
Ive given up trying to vacuum their vetfleece as the piggies seem to be frightened of the noise! Strange too as my hubby can use drills and hammers etc right next to them yet they dont even move!

I have got a two storey hutch for my piggies and it is lined with newspaper with lots of hay on the top. I have put a false floor on it as the bottom went straight onto the ground and got very wet when it rained even with a hutch hugger on it. Now the floor is better and I know my piggies are not going to get bumble foot. I have been thinking of putting fleece in the hutch but am concerned that maybe it is not the best thing for the winter so might hold out till Spring when I can afford a larger shiny new hutch for them. What is the opinion out in Forum Land?

I find all of it tough. Piggy hair sticks to fleece like dratted Velcro! My red fleece for work is covered with piggy hairs...and I do not go near them when wearing it.

The Rex don't seem to moult as much as the short haired pigs. Now you gave got me thinking...

Maybe it's just my rex girl then! :))

I'm glad it's not just me! :)) I've wondered whether or not it's possible to get them professionally cleaned every now and then to try and get it all out but I'm sure the pigs don't care XD
It's not just you, it's me too and probably every other piggy owner out their who uses fleece bedding lol.

I find myself happy I don't have to spot clean your piggies cage @Flamestriker. It's so big it would literally take me a hour lol. All those piggies are so adorable though that it would be totally worth it though :)

What do you use @Kylie80?
A plastic pan (I don’t know what you guys call them over there but we call them dust pans) and a cat scoop plus i have one of those sticky lint rollers you just wash off after use for the stubborn tiny hay bits that wont scrape up. I could use a hand held vacuums but it find it a little awkward to use in their cage. It takes me about 10 mins to spot clean with the pan and scoop but I only have a 140x70 cage.

Back