• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Funny Eyes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cavy Lover

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hello,

This may not be serious but better safe then sorry. Peaches may beautiful boar has funny eyes. Normally you can just see black and that is all. But with Peaches in the middle is black. Then it is a kind of greeny colour and the you can just see the whites of his eyes. I don't know if this is normal but I was just checking. Maybe I am just be over protective. Thanks anyway.

Some piggies can have blue eyes which you will see as white. It is very rare

Yes I did here that and they are beautiful. But there is only a bit if white and mostly black with a ring of green and then a ring of white.

Ok here we go. They are not that good. But best I could.

20150507_194937.jpg

20150507_194956.jpg

It is only in the one eye. Maybe it is normal but my other pigs don't have it.

Perfect thanks. I love blue eyed pigs. You can definitely see it in this pic.

20150410_134939.jpg
I love when pigs give you ' The Look '

Hello,

This may not be serious but better safe then sorry. Peaches may beautiful boar has funny eyes. Normally you can just see black and that is all. But with Peaches in the middle is black. Then it is a kind of greeny colour and the you can just see the whites of his eyes. I don't know if this is normal but I was just checking. Maybe I am just be over protective. Thanks anyway.

Could you please post a picture? https://www.theguineapigforum.co.uk/threads/how-to-post-photos.112751/

It doesn't look unusual to me; the outer rim (iris) can have a slightly different colour. More common is brown or black, blue is rare, but sometimes it can be a paler shade.

Looks normal to me! My Tyler has a blue eye, the other is black same as the fur on that side (see avatar).
This is his blue eye, not the best pic, phone battery low, it's actually quite bright blue but you get the idea :)

IMAG1569.jpg IMAG1565.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back