• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

funny noise..

Status
Not open for further replies.

wannabepiggymum

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hello all

My piggies live in the front porch of my house, which is joined onto my living room. At nights I sometimes here this strange noise..something crossed between a hiccup & the noise made when you push in a squeeky toy. I don't know which piggy it is thats doing it, or even what it is/what behaviour is making them do it - because when i get up to go through they run and hide.

Has anyone heard anything like this before?

I agree - could have been a cough?

yeh it could be a cough or a sneeze i suppose, it is just so high pitched! I've heard it a few times. If it is a cough, is there something I should be doing or giving?

Dust from hay, shavings etc can irritate them and cause them to cough. Is he sneezing at all? eye discharge? wheezing?

He sneezed once when I was holding him to clip his nails, but I'd just bathed him so thought it could be to do with that. No wheezing or eye discharge at all from either of them. I don't use sawdust so maybe it is the hay. But they both love rolling about in the hay!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back