• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Funny twitch

Elaine Prince

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Hi, my cavy, who I have only had for a day, seems to be doing a funny movement. Its like if you were tapping your foot to a song and you do a little head movement along with the tapping, like a head nod sort of thing, and i can see her breathing too. Could it just be I'm a scared little thing?. She is eating fine, and seems normal in every other way.

As she is a new piggy it’s obviously tricky as you don’t know what is her normal, and also she is likely to be scared. However, it is always best to have new piggies vet checked anyway but definitely where there may be concerns over a health issue

As she is a new piggy it’s obviously tricky as you don’t know what is her normal, and also she is likely to be scared. However, it is always best to have new piggies vet checked anyway but definitely where there may be concerns over a health issue
Hi. I wish i could see our vet that easy, but unless its an emergency, its a no at the moment. She has been running around the cage a short while ago, and seemed OK, still a little of the funny movement, and i can see her breathing sort of almost under her tummy. Perhaps its just me worrying over nothing, but i can't see the others breathing, and one is as small as her.

Call the vet and explain what you are seeing. It’s up to them to determine whether something needs to be seen.

Back