fussy girls driving me nuts !

Status
Not open for further replies.

lynneprice

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
hi can anyone recomend a decent brand of dried food that guineas love ?
I was origanally feeding gerty mix, then when the babies came switched to excel nuggets with blackcurrent and oregano,which the babies loved mashed with water.they are now just over 11 weeks old.all the girls refuse to eat the nuggets,so put them on wagg mix which they were eating ,but they have all (5 of them) now decided they no longer like this
honestly guineas are so fussy
can anyone recomend anything dont mind if its really expensive,just want them to eat,although they have plenty of good quality hay and fresh veg every day am worrying they are not getting a balanced diet?/
thanks lynne x

lauralucy

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
hi mine aren't too keen on any excel nuggets but love wagg optimum, about 3.57 a bag at asda. but i think not sure how it works with little ones that as long as they get a variety and planty of veg they dont need nuggets. good luck finding some

CiaraPatricia

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
What I would do to be honest, is just keep them on the excel nuggets, and if they get hungry or if they need the extra nutrients then they will eat it, and if not then they could just have the veg and hay.

But I know you're worried about them not getting enough. My friend actually had the same problem with the excel nuggets too I think, that hers wouldn't eat it, they're very fussy. :)

I use Tima Mega C pellets (from zooplus.co.uk). They're very cheap so obviously are not as healthy are the excel ones or other very good ones, but the pigs really really love them. There must be something about them that's delicious, or maybe mine would just eat anything rolleyes :))

shazbo

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
i give mine the woodlands ange which are pellets and hay mixed together from pets@home

Status
Not open for further replies.