• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Fussy Piggies

Freddy & Holly

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Is it normal for GP's to refuse some veg? My two will sniff and nibble food offered then either eat it or chuck it away then wait on something tastier being offered. The young female is the worse culprit.

Every day! My boys will usually devour it begrudgingly eventually!

Depends on what they are used to. You can usually tell when a piggy has been fed quite a range of veg compared to those who have little or none. I would leave it til the next veg time as they may go back to it again.

Depends on what they are used to. You can usually tell when a piggy has been fed quite a range of veg compared to those who have little or none. I would leave it til the next veg time as they may go back to it again.
I usually bring over something else or they shout.

I usually bring over something else or they shout.

Ah they are like naughty children. Mine just get what they are given and thats that, they either eat it or they don't I took in one piggy years ago and he was an absolute darling but I don't think he had ever been fed veggies as there was so much he wouldn't touch. By the time he passed he would eat everything he was given and I just did his veg once a day and then left it in there til the following days feed. When he decided to try the pepper it was starting to shrivel but he always wolfed it down after that

Oh yes, they pick out the good bits then wander off. I usually leave the veg for an hour or so, they usually come back and eat the rest when they realise it's all they are getting. Spoilt brats.

I leave it for a while, they usually eat it. It took ten months for Spike and Peanut to eat sweet pepper, I offered it 3 or 4 times a week until they realised what they were missing! The one thing they are very fussy about is green beans, only M&S very fine will do:hb:.

Back