• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Garden Veggies

AutumnThePig

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I planted some fresh veggies in the garden today, just for the piggies! I have: Cilantro, Red Pepper, two Cucumbers and three Tomato plants. The Tomato is not only for the piggies (to be fed occasionally). Humans like Tomatoes, too!

What do you plant in your garden for piggies?

Attachments

• 6E86FF58-D796-4A3F-BD08-61F2B63D5C1B.jpeg
    6E86FF58-D796-4A3F-BD08-61F2B63D5C1B.jpeg
    171.3 KB · Views: 10
I'm not very adventurous (or green fingered) I have dandelions which seem to grow in abundance in my garden! I'll have to start growing some from seed for when I move in (hopefully) around 8 weeks (though realisically 10 weeks) as there are no weeds in the garden where we are going as they wouldn't dare to raise their ugly heads above ground! :lol!:

I have beetroot, green beans, carrots, dandelion, sow thistle and out door cucumber in the garden. In the greenhouse I have peppers, corriander, basil, cucumber,lettuce, radish and tomatoes.

I never knew you could feed them radish :hmm:

Today I started green/red peppers, (regrowing)celery, lettuce, carrots. I should have thought about cucumbers! Hopefully they will all grow 🤷🏾‍♀️

I heard Carrots are tough to grow and you need some sort of special sand for them. Good luck!

I'm not very adventurous (or green fingered) I have dandelions which seem to grow in abundance in my garden! I'll have to start growing some from seed for when I move in (hopefully) around 8 weeks (though realisically 10 weeks) as there are no weeds in the garden where we are going as they wouldn't dare to raise their ugly heads above ground! :lol!:

Free Dandelion!

🌱🌱I've got a mini corn 🌽, peppers, cucumber 🥒,coriander, mixed leaves 🥬 and salad cress just for the piggies and there's tomatoes, beans and peas that they can share/get the trimmings from, well, that's if the local wildlife 🐌 don't eat them all first :roll:

I’ve grown a lot in the past but I’m so busy now that it’s dismal! The chard self seeds every year and takes little to no effort to grow so we still have that. I have a dwarf apple tree for the leaves and eventually twigs for the piggies and strawberry plants for the leaves as well.

I did have a hazel tree but managed to kill it, now I have no idea where to get another! Thinking about getting some bamboo or willow tree too, I’d also love to grow a proper weed garden for them too but I don’t know where to get any of this! :))

I never knew you could feed them radish :hmm:

Radish like other root vegetables is not good for them and should only be fed as a very rare treat. During the radish season mine get 1 radish thinly sliced between 6 (it really is just a sliver) once a week, only because I love them and there are there. Beetroot and carrot is the same, one very slim slither not more than once a week. Mine are fed a mostly grass and hay diet with a daily slice of sweet pepper, veg is mainly a treat.

I grew this! Its grass and clover and a few dandelions, they are eating it for playpen breakfast today :) I have a few trays of grass and clover growing but this is the best so far!
View attachment 115771

View attachment 115772

I would like to try this with my piggies! Your piggies are gorgeous. I was just wondering, how did you start growing dandelion's and clovers? Where did you find those type of seeds, etc.?

I’ve grown a lot in the past but I’m so busy now that it’s dismal! The chard self seeds every year and takes little to no effort to grow so we still have that. I have a dwarf apple tree for the leaves and eventually twigs for the piggies and strawberry plants for the leaves as well.

I did have a hazel tree but managed to kill it, now I have no idea where to get another! Thinking about getting some bamboo or willow tree too, I’d also love to grow a proper weed garden for them too but I don’t know where to get any of this! :))

When in doubt, try Amazon?

I've just planted rocket, spinach and mixed leaves. My neighbour's daughter brings them dandelion, and I also have strawberries - they're not keen on the fruit but they love the leaves and runners.

Wish you luck with the strawberries, they seem to always die on me. :no:

I would like to try this with my piggies! Your piggies are gorgeous. I was just wondering, how did you start growing dandelion's and clovers? Where did you find those type of seeds, etc.?
I bought grass seed and clover seed from Amazon, the dandelions just turned up naturally in my grass trays!

Back