Garden Weeds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drezella

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
On my lawn there are loads of dandelions, sherpards purse with white flowers, and some other unidentified leafy weeds. Is there anything other than moss and daisy's that they can't eat? Are these weeds ok for my boys to eat?

Thanks in advance

image.jpg

image.jpg

Flutterby

Anniversary Herd
Reaction score
Dandilions are ok, but shepherds purse isn't on my safe weeds list from the guinea pig magazine. :)

Pebble

Banned
Reaction score
I can see creeping buttercup in the centre of the pics which is poisonous.
I can see willow herb just underneath the dandelion
The white/pale pink flowers look too large (and out too early) to be shepherds purse . I suggest it is probably lady's smock ( cuckoo flower) that is currently in flower around the country which can be eaten in small amounts.
Shepherds purse can be eaten but is not recommended It is normally only given to help piggies with bad diarrhoea (ie so it can cause constipation in a normal piggie)

Drezella

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I had them out on the lawn for about 15 minutes today with supervision, not on the areas photographed above. There was only dandelion leaves and one or two white flowers where the boys where. I think I'm going to dig all the weeds up especially the buttercup and re-seed the lawn. Thanks for the advice everyone. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.