General Question about my foster

Regruber

New Born Pup
Reaction score
I just got my guinea pig a few days ago. Knowing i won't be able to get another one, i felt bad and reached out to a rescue near me to adopt him.
We haven't fully bonded yet but he is comfortable around me and i love the little guy. Will he be okay if i give him to a rescue where he can live with other guinea pigs?

Piggies&buns

Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
If you have chosen to give your piggy up because you accept you can’t meet all your piggy’s needs, such as ensuring they have a friend, then giving him up is truly an act of love.
He will be fine in his future. He will be bonded with another piggy and live a happy life.
It’s never an easy decision to make, but putting his need for companionship before your own is a lovely thing to do for him.

Pigwhisperer

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Oh bless you, it's the right decision though it feels hard. Their need for other piggies is stronger than their need for humans at the end of the day.

A syrian hamster would be better for you, they really love human company but don't take much looking after.

Claire W

Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
I am so sorry that you have reached the decision to give him up but it really is the kindest thing to do under the circumstances. The rescue will make sure he is bonded with a friend and that they go to a wonderful home. You are putting his needs before your own which is lovely x

Sweet Potato

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
that's such a hard thing and sadly something that far to many people avoid. I'm sure the rescue will do whatever they can for him and they'll make sure he goes to a loving home were all his needs will be met.