• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

George Nearly Had Surgery

Status
Not open for further replies.

PopcornPigs

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
A long while ago my partner and I took George to the vets as we'd noticed a lump on his back. On inspection, the vet aspirated the lump and determined it to possibly be a lipoma. He also had a couple small ones under his armpits which are quite common. As the lumps weren't causing any issues we were told to just keep an eye and come back if it becomes worse.

A couple of weeks ago I was checking him over and I noticed his lump looked 'fuller' so I booked an appointment at the earliest date I could. On the morning he was due to go, part of the lump had opened up and really thick sludge was seeping out. I was at work so my partner took him to the vets, she got out as much of the sludge as she could and we were given metacam and hibiscrub to clean the wound twice daily. He was also booked in to have possible surgery to remove the lump as it may not heal and keep returning.

George is three years old so the thought of surgery really scared me but he went yesterday and Anne was very happy with how it had healed. It's now flat with just a small scab where it seeped out. So for now, George doesn't have to have surgery and fingers crossed it doesn't come back.

Phew. Glad he doesn't need surgery after all.

I think I would be beside myself having to put one of mine through surgery. What a relief for you and gorgeous George!

Great news! Hope it stays healed and doesnt return!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back