• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Getting Apito neutered?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hi,
I have been considering re-homing him, and I am not ruling it out.

Mum suggested getting him neutered to see if he would get on with the girls but i thought it would make him worse and it wouldn't help because it would make him more vulnerable because of the lack of testosterone.
but woudl being with my girls make him feel better at all?

I had a lone boar, so I got him nuetered and put him in with my girls. He's really happy!

I know it'd make a boar happy but as I said on my post in Animal Rescue, he get's spooked easily and can be quite nervous.

4 girlies might frighten him!

Maybe put him with 1 girl and leave the other 3 together?

He would still have his manly urges but he will keep the Sows inline ;) I HAD to put a neutered boar in with two of my Sows because they started falling out ::) I am sure your boar would be in heaven :smitten: with a group of ladies ;)

Couldnt you get another hutch and put him on his own? Or put him with 1girl and leave the other 3 girls be?

I think Beth has him on his own at the moment. I would neuter him and try him with the 4 girls and see what happens. If all 4 are too much for him, you could put him with the most placid sow. It leaves a lot more options open to you :)
It would be a shame to rehome him, he is adorable and I know you love him very much :smitten:

Thanks for all your help,
If him being with all 4 made him worse then I could try him with one of the younger sows and then maybe get another one of my boars neutered to live with the rest of the girls?

Sounds to me like it'll be better for him than just leaving him by himself.

Little Pig Robinson has 4 wifeys and absolutely loves every minute - there is always someone to go and poke with your nose :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back