• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Getting hair off fleece

Tea2018

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hi all,

I have guineadad fleece but every time I wash it a lot of hair remains on it that I like to remove. I have bought a plastic curry comb but it doesn’t seem to be doing the trick. Would a metal one be better?

Thank you

I’m not sure what would work. But I’d advise using a horse wash bag. The hair generally collects in that and you can throw it away. It also protects your washing machine.

I have given up trying! They get a good shake before and after washing.. i use a horse wash bag to wash them in

Hi! I have a guinea dad fleece too. My advice would be to vacuum the fleece before you put it in the wash to try and get all the hair off or most of it off if you can. But if it still doesn't work I would recommend to wash it in a horse wash bag. (Sorry if I have been mistaken and you have already tried vacuuming them before the go in the wash) :)

I vacuum it using the Bissell Pet Eraser handheld (corded! - very important) vacuum and it's been pretty good at taking a lot of it off (even my Peruvian)

Link to vacuum!

Back