• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Getting piggies to exercise

madysoncahill

New Born Pup
Reaction score
I have two guinea pigs, and I don’t know the exact measurements, but they have about 20 sq ft of play area, and they have a 3 sq ft cage that they sleep and eat veggies in. They have 24/7 access to the play area, except when they are eating veggies, we separate them(and that’s only 2-3 hours). They will run around in the play area, and popcorn, but I was wondering if that’s enough exercise, because they also have a platform that’s like 3ish inches off the ground, and they jump onto that instead of using the ramp. I don’t know if this is enough exercise for them or not.

Why do you separate for veg time?

⬆️ I’m curious about that too!

If they have constant access to a 20 square foot area, then I’d say they should be plenty of exercise.
My two are in their 25 square foot cage and are constantly running around. They then go out into their run in the garden every other day or so when I’m home.

⬆️ I’m curious about that too!

If they have constant access to a 20 square foot area, then I’d say they should be plenty of exercise.
My two are in their 25 square foot cage and are constantly running around. They then go out into their run in the garden every other day or so when I’m home.
I separate during veggie time, because my older girl(~4 1/2 months) loves her veggies, and I always worry that she’ll take my younger girls veggies(~1 month), bc she takes longer than the older one.

My piggies have a playpen they play in at separate times because one is a girl and the other a boy. They live in separate cages and they have a playpen.
They don't always run around the playpen either so I thought walking around in their cages and in playpen was sufficient. Not sure if I am wrong though.

Back