• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Getting ready for Theo's date with Piggle and Puggle!

PigglePuggle

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Little Theo has done his quarantine time so I'm getting ready for date night... with 2 layers of metal bars between the piggies as a very sturdy contraceptive measure!
Here's the set up: plastic floor mats with newspaper on top, 2 playpens next to each other each folded into a 2x4ft format, each containing 1 hidey, a sprinkling of parsley, and big piles of hay (meadow and timothy) placed on each side of the dividing wall...
Just need to add guinea pigs now and watch what happens! Not very romantic but the most sensible option until after Theo's "plum fairy" op :)

Attachments

• 20180621_134939.jpg
    20180621_134939.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 19
Piggle and Puggle are about to board the guinea pig shuttle bus box to Love Island... Theo is wheeking away longingly... and my first copy of Guinea Pig Magazine just came through my letterbox too! What a piggy-tastic day for all things guinea pig related :)
I really hope they get on because I just ordered a super double decker cage (for 6 weeks after Theo's operation) which is 2 whole floors of 120cmx60cm cages with a connecting ramp...

Piggle and Puggle are about to board the guinea pig shuttle bus box to Love Island... Theo is wheeking away longingly... and my first copy of Guinea Pig Magazine just came through my letterbox too! What a piggy-tastic day for all things guinea pig related :)
I really hope they get on because I just ordered a super double decker cage (for 6 weeks after Theo's operation) which is 2 whole floors of 120cmx60cm cages with a connecting ramp...

Ooh what's the cage you've brought? It sounds like mine

Piggle and Puggle are about to board the guinea pig shuttle bus box to Love Island...
Your descriptions are wonderful! I have a vision in my head of 2 piggies peering out of a bus excitedly looking forward to meeting the pig of their dreams!

Well that was a complete anticlimax! Theo rumble strutted away, sprayed pee, rubbed his grease gland on everything, pressed his aborable little stripy behind up against the bars... and the girls politely licked his nose and said a few small-talk noises, then retreated to their hidey and humped each other for half an hour! Initially I thought the girls were fighting because their woven grass hidey was shaking and rocking, but actually they were taking it in turns to lick each others bums and hump each other then popcorning happily. Then the girls took a nap together. Then they came out and sprayed pee at Theo. Then we brought out another bunch of parsley and more hay and everyone settled down happily to eating together on opposite sides of the bars...
They are still in their next door playpens and still chatting but I think Theo has been awarded "annoying but cute little brother" status. No aggression or rumble strutting from the girls which is surprising as Piggle usually rumble struts (or bites) at everything and everyone (Puggle, daddy, the toilet tray, a new food dish, a piece of carrot she doesnt like the look of...) so I'm hopeful they might live together... as a lesbian couple and adopted little brother?

Ooh what's the cage you've brought? It sounds like mine
I ordered it from Amazon, its the CozyPet 2 tier rabbit/guinea pig cage RD120-D. There are quite a few very similar ones on Amazon and on e-Bay that I looked at but some are shorter or some come from weird sellers that dont look UK based... I so hope the piggies form a nice friendly herd but I thought at least with 2 floors they will have options, and it gives them floor space without taking up all my floor space! We'll still have big indoor play pens but its useful if they can be packed away if family visit and we need to use the pet room floor for wheelchairs or prams :)

I ordered it from Amazon, its the CozyPet 2 tier rabbit/guinea pig cage RD120-D. There are quite a few very similar ones on Amazon and on e-Bay that I looked at but some are shorter or some come from weird sellers that dont look UK based... I so hope the piggies form a nice friendly herd but I thought at least with 2 floors they will have options, and it gives them floor space without taking up all my floor space! We'll still have big indoor play pens but its useful if they can be packed away if family visit and we need to use the pet room floor for wheelchairs or prams :)

Sounds good :) I have the ferplast 120 double and mine love it :)

I guess we just keep trying the next door playpen introductions 3 or 4 times a week until after Theo's plum fairy op and 6 week wait? Maybe by then he'll grow big enough (and his squeaky little voice will get deep enough) that he'll be considered suitable husboar material? His rumble strut voice is so squeaky and his little stripy bum is so skinny that it is rather difficult to take him seriously yet :)

Haha now Theo has stopped rumblestrutting and showing off and gone into his hidey tube both girls are trying to bite through the bars to get at him! This is like a soap opera only better because its live action guinea pigs :)

Back