• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Getting ready for winter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I am getting ready for winter and at the moment I have got Snuggle safe heat pads and sleeping bags. Is there anything that anyone else can think of what is good to have in.

>>Here<< is a thread from a while ago where I asked pretty much the same question - how do I keep my piggies warm. :)

Hope its any help to you!

Hi
My piggies are all outside in their gazebo & got thru last winter ok. They have pigloos, lots of hay to bed in & i cover their hutches, last year it was carpet (since thrown it) this year i got some new ring top wool curtains cheap so they've got them to keep them warm & each other of course ;)

Hope that helps you a little

Niki x

Thanks! All mine are out side and I use sacks from the pet shop. My other half thinks I'm mad giving them heat pads!

Guinea pigs need to be indoors or at least in a shed for the winter. So many piggies kept outside did not survive last winter :'(
They are from a climate very different from ours and can not cope with the cold or the damp. From about mid Novemeber until late March or April they need to be out of the weather. There are a number of ways to provide them with indoor acoomodation that will provide them with adequete space without confining them to small inadequete cages. Storage subes or dog crates are two of these. Or they can have a warm box on a shed or conservatory floor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back