• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Gigantica's Weight Loss

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jennifer D

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hello!

So I weighed Tica this morning and she came in at 1310 grams. When I first brought her home she weighed 1550 grams! I'm pretty sure it's a healthy weight loss as she eats well and her cage is now three times the size of the one that she previously lived in. She was living like Henry VIII in that previous home lol! Treats made for gerbils, pellets and no hay. I give her and vixen a third of a cup of pellets daily and she finishes that right off (I've seen Vixen eating thankfully!) as well as continuous hay eating. I think she's just happy to have the exercise! She's actually quite active- but she's younger than my other two so I guess that's to be expected!

Gosh, gerbil food! I would say her healthy weight now is down to your good care and the right diet. You may need to change her name!

Gosh, gerbil food! I would say her healthy weight now is down to your good care and the right diet. You may need to change her name!
I had to laugh- the lady gave me her "treats" that she "absolutely loves" when I left with her and when I got home I opened them up and they were little mini pizzas! They did have some dried veggies on top but the rest was a grain biscuit thing ;) Tica looked a little upset when I put it out for the blue jays! Hahahaha! I'm thinking of calling her Slimtica now ;)

I had to laugh- the lady gave me her "treats" that she "absolutely loves" when I left with her and when I got home I opened them up and they were little mini pizzas! They did have some dried veggies on top but the rest was a grain biscuit thing ;) Tica looked a little upset when I put it out for the blue jays! Hahahaha! I'm thinking of calling her Slimtica now ;)
What an odd treat!

It does sound like healthy weight loss- she was eating nothing but junk food and not having room to move before! I'm sure she was sad to see the 'pizza treats' go, but this is much better in the long run!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back