• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Ginger Piggies

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

piggyfan

I have had three ginger piggies and have noticed they make a noise I describe as a chut noise. A little contented sound as they walk which is like they are talking to themselves. No other of my pigs have ever chutted. I am wondering if it is something that ginger pigs do as a friend of mine says her ginger pigs chut too. Does anybody have a chutting pig?

All my piggies do it when they roam around the living room; youngsters at the highest risk of accidents and predation are loudest and at their most vocal.

Chutting is the "I'm here and OK" noise that keeps a group on the move in the grasslands in contact and constantly updated about the lack of or presence of dangers and the status of its members. ;)

Well, just one of our four chut-chuts as she's roaming during floor time, and it so happens that she's the only ginger one!

I have the opposite! My ginger girl will go off roaming for ages around the living room and not make a sound. The boy who is white and ginger will chat away to himself the whole time. They roam at separate times as they dont get on (understatement of the year) so its not that they are together. However, the ginger girl is very brave and very independant and lives on her own (in sight of others and her choice) so maybe thats why she does'nt chat?

Ours certainly did it more when they were younger, they still do it at the beginning of run time but once they feel settled they stop :))

I have the opposite! My ginger girl will go off roaming for ages around the living room and not make a sound. The boy who is white and ginger will chat away to himself the whole time. They roam at separate times as they dont get on (understatement of the year) so its not that they are together. However, the ginger girl is very brave and very independant and lives on her own (in sight of others and her choice) so maybe thats why she does'nt chat?
Interesting to note your boy is part ginger!

All my piggies do it when they roam around the living room; youngsters at the highest risk of accidents and predation are loudest and at their most vocal.

Chutting is the "I'm here and OK" noise that keeps a group on the move in the grasslands in contact and constantly updated about the lack of or presence of dangers and the status of its members. ;)

love these bits of info you post :)

I have a number of gingers myself, but they don't wheek more than my other piggies.

My three chut as they waddle around my hallway during floor time :) Pixel has some agouti ginger in her but Widget and Thor have none. I love their little noises!

Hadley is particularly loud when wandering around. It makes sense if it's a baby thing, she is only about 4 or 5 months old and just came home last month. Most of mine have made that 'contented wandering' sound to some degree, except for Linney, who was really quiet. She wheeked for treats, but otherwise did not make as much noise as any of the others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back