• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Gingers poorly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I knew the day would come but he is getting on now, he has had an impacted butt for about 3 years now, so he has had an extended life, his brother Fred died last year, I've settled him in a cuddle cup he has taken to lying under his fiddle stix so that is in the cuddle cup as well with him wedged under it, bless him, I have given him calpol and syringe fed him water and critical care, but he does'nt really want it, think he has given up, he use to be a hugh tort and white but over the years he has gradually lost weight despite giving him brewers yeast and minadex ( vits and supplements) I spoke to the vet and he said he would do as I'm doing just keep him comfy, or he would put him to sleep, but as he is not in pain I prefer to let him go at home, will let you know as it goes,

Sorry to read this, at least with you he's comfy and in familiar surroundings.

If you are worried about him maybe being in some pain or discomfort, you can give him 0.4mls calpol infant suspension (under 6months) daily which will help.

yes already given him calpol, I often use it for my piggys also got metcam from the vet for pain relief, but think calpol works well, he just tried to drink from his water bottle, bless him, so I cuddled him and held the bottle to his lips, he really has been through a lot with his impacted butt and he is a darling pig,

I'm so sorry to hear this, Michelle.

Husg to you and gentle kisses to Ginger xx

Sorry to hear this Michelle :-\

Hugs and strokes to you Ginger :-*

Aw, I'm so sorry. You are in my prayers along with Ginger. xoxoxoxoxoxoxo

i just recently lost boris (impacted since baby) huge hug to you both :'(

awwww saddens me to read this :( Big hugs to you both xxxxx

:'(

x

hes hanging in there, bless him he is hiding under the cuddle cup now, looks very weak now though, but is still kicking harvey away from him gently, tough guy
flamingoparkanddogsandpigs120.jpg

here he is looking more healthy then now,

just cleaned the runs out and ginger is still having none of it, so am just dosing him up on calpol he is still drinking and nibbling hay but wont touch food and refuses critical care, so he is still hanging on told you he was a tough man, gave him a long cuddle tonight and kissed him and told him how adorable he is, bless him. :'(

my brave little man went over the bridge during the night, in some ways I am relieved that he no longer has any health worrys and he is now with his brother Fred, but very upset I no longer have him to cuddle, he was a very strong willed man '(and brave right up to the end) God bless Ging!

I'm so sorry Michelle. Just because it was expected doesn't make it any easier. You're in my thoughts.

Sleep well, Ginger. Your mummy loves you very very much xx

awww i'm sooo soooo sorry :( Its hard isnt it... They are such small little things that come into our lives, and when they leave, I always think they take a little bit of us with them :(

My thoughts are with you :'( x

/hugs

T x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back