girls being split up

Pigwig123

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Hi. So recently my 3 boys where neutered,and I have adopted 3 young females to go with them. I think I am going to house one female with each male. But then I thought they might get a bit sad it they where separated is this a good idea or should I put all 3 girls with one boy and then give the 2 other boys one new girl each? Thanks

Piggies&buns

Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
So the three girls are already bonded?
It really depends on whether six piggies is your limit or whether you’re able to cope with having eight piggies.
Is your cage big enough to house one neutered boar with three sows (four piggies needing a 6x2 c&c).
How soon could you adopt two more girls to put with the remaining two boars each because if you were to leave those boys together for the time being until they get a sow each, they would likely fight due to the presence of sows with the other boar.
Don’t forget it all comes down to character compatibility so those three girls may not want to have a neutered boar join they group.

Bill & Ted

Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
Why don’t you try paring up males with females first. if it’s successful then you won‘t need to buy any more piggies. If sone of the bonds doesn’t work out then you could add the female to a pair and find another female for a lonesome boar

Freya1234

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
:agr: You could always try bonding them with males and females together as pairs as it will mean that you won’t have to get more guinea pigs and you never know till you try!

Pigwig123

New Born Pup
Reaction score
I’m thinking of putting one female with each male. If one pair doesn’t work out I could always try them with other piggies! Thanks