• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Girls

Status
Not open for further replies.

VickieD

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hi All
Yesterday before moved the hutches into the shed I tried to bond my pairs of girls.
2clots are approx 24-26 wks and the others 12 wks.
St first all seemed good but then chasing as expected and nosing off but then a big skuttle with 1 getting a month full of full and to me that was a big no no....
So after the hr my decision made and went to modify cage to 2 separate layers instead of a double hutch and this is the way I've decided to go. Pity as thought with them being in my room for past 2-3 wks in cages looking at each other that all would be good. But I just would not want to walk into a blood bath one morning.
Shame
Vickie

Hi All
Yesterday before moved the hutches into the shed I tried to bond my pairs of girls.
2clots are approx 24-26 wks and the others 12 wks.
St first all seemed good but then chasing as expected and nosing off but then a big skuttle with 1 getting a month full of full and to me that was a big no no....
So after the hr my decision made and went to modify cage to 2 separate layers instead of a double hutch and this is the way I've decided to go. Pity as thought with them being in my room for past 2-3 wks in cages looking at each other that all would be good. But I just would not want to walk into a blood bath one morning.
Shame
Vickie

I am very sorry that the girls have not worked out together.

Please make sure that the girls can interact with each other all time; they still need the constant stimulation and company, even if they have separate territories, especially if they are both young and, by the sound of it, at least one of them is very scared and has overreacted (see the chapter on fear-aggression).
Illustrated Bonding Behaviours And Dynamics

Perhaps you could try again in a few weeks' time when they are mosre used to each other and their surroundings?

If you have a good rescue within your reach, perhaps you can contact it? I don't know which county your place is in. Could you please add it?

:agr: With what @Wiebke has said. Perhaps try in neutral ground (shed floor) once they have become accustomed to new surroundings. Piggies are highly strung and the move into the shed could have unsettled them on its own. Once they are more settled they may be more amenable to sharing with the neighbours. But if it doesn't work, at least you will have tried.

Thanks all
No I'm keeping both pairs as they are now.
They have each other for company but just wanted a herd so to speak and not 2 separate pairs of girls
But I just want them happy
Thanks

Thanks all
No I'm keeping both pairs as they are now.
They have each other for company but just wanted a herd so to speak and not 2 separate pairs of girls
But I just want them happy
Thanks

Creating a herd that works out is not at all easy. I have got a whole cupbord full of t-shirts on that score... :mal:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back