• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Gizmo has Pneumonia :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Just got back from the out of hours vet with Giz as when I come home tonight she was fluffed up and heaving (not gasping but her sides moving faster and more visibly than normal).

Vet thinks she has pneumonia and has given her an antibiotic injection and some baytril to continue tomorrow.

She's still eating at the moment, but he has also given me some critical care incase she stops.

Spoiling her with some more readigrass at the moment to keep her interested.

Thinking about making her some porridge with honey in for the antibacterial action?

I'm hoping I've caught her early enough as she is still well in herself apart from the over breathing....

I wouldn't give her honey, as its not Vegan and I wouldn't know if it was safe or not. Not something Guinea Pigs would eat in the wild.

I hope she gets better soon xx

Awwwwww poor Giz I have my fingers (and paws crossed) that she has a speeedy recovery xxxxx

My Magoo had pneumonia last year, he sounded like a bowl of rice crispies when i walked into the shed (he was fine earlier that day). He too was prescribed Baytril & less than a week later the vet was really pleased at how well he had progressed, no more crackling & his breathing was back to normal. :)

She's still over breathing and a bit fluffy this morning, but she is still eating, which is the thing that reassures me the most.

Bless her, she's still in a really good mood despite being poorly, she's been sitting on my chest, licking the end of my nose hehe

she's been back today for another check as she's not much better, she's had an anti inflammatory injection which should help.

Sadly we lost poor little Gizmo this morning - she had stopped eating and was being very resistant to syringe feeding, think the infection just overtook her.

Just keeping an eye on poor little Pip now 8...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back