Go To Boarder Or Use Neighbour?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Twolardyboars

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I'm going away for a long weekend, so 3 nights. My neighbour has said she'll come me check on the boys and feed them etc, but they won't be let out. Their hutch is 5x2 ft.

I'm struggling to find a Boarder nearby but recommendations on a local website suggested a pet shop in the next town. They do not sell animals, but board them. Hamsters, birds, rabbits and piggies. They do not have space outdoors, but they allow floor time in a pen. The hutches are all decent sizes and the staff seem knowledgeable, but I'm worried about noises etc and the busyness of the shop.

Not sure what to do?

artcasper

*Rescue Buddy*
Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
if you can trust your neighbour, I would agree with Chief Guinea Pig - its only 3 nights so might be more unsettling to move them x

Mother Hubbard

Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm thinking the same. I now have another look after my lot, draw up a chart so it's easy to follow, prepare the food, chopped and in tubs clearly labelled and that's it. For longer periods, they go to TEAS.

pudding&ginger

New Born Pup
Reaction score
I'd also keep them at home, moving can be stressful and I think for three days the stress would far outweigh the lack of floor time. Maybe get some new nibble toys to keep them entertained if your worried about boredom?

Status
Not open for further replies.