• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Goodbye darling Rusty........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teresa J

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Sadly on Friday my labrador Rusty was put to sleep.

I couldn't put this thread on here until now as it was just too difficult.
Rusty was diagnosed with arthritis a few months ago he was 12 1/2 years old - a good age for a lab I know but as he didn't come to live with us until he was 8 1/2 it feels as though we hadn't had him very long at all.

He'd lived in a tiny house in the middle of Norwich before he moved in with us and spent his remaining 4 years running across the fields and enjoying the countryside. I urge anyone considering getting a dog to rehome a middle aged one - they have so much to give and Rusty really was a fantastic chap.

Although I miss him dreadfully I know I did the right thing - old age finally caught up with him and he collapsed. Although I managed to get him up again after 30 mins I could tell by the look in his eyes that he'd had enough.

I think part of being a very good pet owner is knowing when to say goodbye and there was no way I wanted to Rusty to suffer - he didn't deserve that, indeed no animal does.

SS103816.jpg

001.jpg

SS104927.jpg

Run free big man - I miss you so very much....................

Teresa x

I am so sorry for your loss Teresa, I always get emotional when I read of losses. It sounds like Rusty had a happy time with you and that you have a lot of great memories.

I am so sorry for your loss Teresa, I always get emotional when I read of losses. It sounds like Rusty had a happy time with you and that you have a lot of great memories.

Rusty was such a gentleman and a character, and a handsome one at that. I was so very sorry to hear your sad news, I know how much he means to you. I will miss him checking out my cat carriers for carrots when I drop off or collect piggies! He always knew whether there was one in there or not :)

Rusty was a very lucky boy to spend his last few years with you and your family.

Sleep tight handsome Rusty

Sophie
X

So sorry to hear of your loss, I to had to make that decision 6 years ago and as a pet owner your right you just know when its time to let them go.Its heartbreaking. Sounds like Rusty had a great life with you, Remember all the good times you had, Take care
Heidi xx

We was a very handsome lad who was lucky to spend his last 4 years with you, you must have some wonderful memories, think of those and try not to be too sad.
Take care

Andree

So sorry to hear this, they have such a huge impact on our lives it is hearbreaking when they leave us.

He was so lucky to have you.

RIP Rusty, such a handsome fella x

I'm sorry Teresa

My old black labrador also died when she was 12 (in november 2008) she'd suffered with arthritis for years and one morning she just couldnt get up - her back legs had gone. But in a way I could see that she was ready - she kept looking at us in a way that she never had before. We had her put down at home and she went very peacefully, my mum even gave her aload of chocolate - obv its toxic but that wasnt going to make a difference.

They always touch ours hearts and we miss them dearly but knowing we gave them a good life is all that much better :) x

The mark of a good pet owner is knowing when to be brave and let them go.

Run free Rusty xxxxx

Teresa I'm so very sorry to hear of your loss of handsome Rusty. He obviously had four very happy years with you

Sleep peacefully darling Rusty xx

awwww blooming heck that made me sob!

Bless little Rusty, it is sad when they leave you but all those wonderful memories can never be replaced, even by more pets, believe me, i lost my old girl Nancy a year ago last May and i still think of her constantly. I too had to make that decision, and i am more than happy that i did the right thing, its just so hard at the time.

You did a great think for your baby, well done.

Rip Rusty, run free forever in those fields of dreams xxxxx

Dear Teresa whee are so so sorry to hear about Rusty 8...8...8...
RIP Rusty run free have fun chasing the butterflies in the lush green meadows and chomping away on the juicy bones, you will be very sadly missed by your family who just adore you, but will NEVER EVER forget you xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))) and loads of loves from Glynis, Velvet and Onyx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Another little star now twinkling in the sky ............... :(

Last edited:
BIG HUG

I am so sorry that you had to let your special friend Rusty go. He had a wonderful time with you.

RIP Rusty

I'm so very sorry to hear about Rusty. What a happy time this gorgeous boy had with you and what wonderful memories he has left you with. Its always a difficult decision to make, as I know having been in that situation myself, but ultimately it is the final act of love. I'm sure Rusty will be bounding around at Rainbow Bridge and will watch over you always. Sleep well Rusty..

So sorry for your loss..... hope you are coping ok?
R.I.P Darling Rusty..... go and have a wonderful run now and be free forever more x

So sorry for your loss..... hope you are coping ok?
R.I.P Darling Rusty..... go and have a wonderful run now and be free forever more x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back