• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Goodbye Ffraid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wiebke

Staff member
Reaction score
Sadly, my beloved old lady Ffraid/Freya has yesterday joined her many friends from the Elderlies Group at the Rainbow Bridge. She had just come through a major health scare, so the extreme weather with seasonal record temperatures we've been experiencing in the last few days proved just too much for her.

Freya arrived sight unseen as a 4 year old with her friend Bethan/Betty three years ago as an emergency after an epic journey from the Channel Islands. During her three years here, she has lived first with the Tribe, then moved over to the closely knitted new Elderlies group where she eventually became the last surviving member after seeing all her (younger) mates pass away over the course of last year. When life with Maelog's group got too much for her increasing frailty and very delicate digestion this year, I found her a new companion in Carwyn, who she loved to snuggle up with.

Ffraid was a gentle, friendly lady with a wonderful smile who adored company, but especially all the husboars she has lived with through her long and rather eventful life!

She is much missed by her original mummy and by me.

Ffraid (pronounced Fryde)
upload_2015-7-6_16-53-55.jpeg

With her original companion Betty/Bethan, who sadly died in 2014
upload_2015-7-6_16-54-55.jpeg

As part of the original big Tribe with Hywel (at the front)
upload_2015-7-6_16-55-37.jpeg

With the Elderlies group under Bryn (Ffraid, Cariad, Bryn Oscar, Ceri and Nia)
upload_2015-7-6_16-56-52.jpeg

Dinner with Maelog's new ginger Tribe (Heulwen, Maelog, Pili Pala, Papi, Ffraid, Hafren and Hedydd)
upload_2015-7-6_16-58-52.jpeg

And lastly with her "toy boy" beau Carwyn (he is "only" 3 years old compared to her 7)
upload_2015-7-6_16-59-47.jpeg

She became a member of my "Ginger Army", some of who have come here sight unseen (Tanni, Hafren, sisters Heulwen and Hedydd and Fraid)
upload_2015-7-6_17-2-51.jpeg

Especially Hedydd and Ffraid were not always quite easy to tell apart!
upload_2015-7-6_17-4-23.jpeg

I'm so sorry Wiebke. I always had a soft spot for Ffraid as she looked like my first pig Gertie. Hope Carwyn is ok.

I'm so sorry Wiebke. She was always such a gorgeous Photogenic girl who knew how to work the camera! x

I am so saddened for your loss Wiebke (((hugs)))
This tribute has me in tears seeing so many old faces. It's a beautiful tribute.

I am so very sorry, Ffraid was a beautiful girl who I had the pleasure to meet on more than one occasion.

Sleep tight Ffraid. You will be sadly missed x

Just read it on facebook and came here. Loved the photos you posted of her, such a lovely lady.
Sending tooons of hugs to you.
Popcorn free Ffraid xx

I'm so sorry for your loss Wiebke :( Ffraid certainly had a fantastic few years with you and her companions.

Sleep tight beautiful girly x

Love the photo's of a very big pigsonality who will be sadly missed. Hugs from us and wheeks from the gang (I promise you can have a Nova hug in a couple of weeks time)

I have just spotted this. What a gorgeous tribute to one of your ginger beauties. Your camera and narrative captured her personality and she was clearly adored by all. What a beautiful lady she was. I hope that she has the best snuggly over at the Rainbow Bridge and that she is reunited with some of her old pals. So sorry for your loss @Wiebke.

So sorry for you loss, a beautiful tribute to a beautiful girl. Popcorn free darling Ffraid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back