• UK storm warning - Danger of unseasonal high winds and falling trees! Please secure any hutches and sheds, and bring your guinea pigs and rabbits indoors if possible! Click Here for info

Goodbye Merida, My Brave Girl.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DisneyPig

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
image.jpg
On Saturday afternoon I said goodbye to my very beautiful Merida.
A year ago to this day, Merida was brought into work, she was being surrendered as her owners simply no longer wanted her. She was 6 years old. There was no question about it, I knew she had to come home with me.
It's been a wonderful year. She bonded quickly with two of my piggies, Ginny and Oscar and they lived happily as a trio. Merida was full of character! A sweet girl who loved her food! She was just 750g when I took her in and I soon got her up to a very healthy 1.2kg! She just loved her veggies and fresh hay and it was so wonderful to watch her transform from a miserable and sad bony pig to a chunky and friendly pig that just loved being with her piggy friends.
Merida hasn't been well recently and it's been a rough month of trips to the vets. On Friday I went in hospital for heart surgery. I was discharged late that night and my partner brought me Merida for a cuddle before I went to bed. I knew she wasn't herself but I was tired from the surgery and feeling completely exhausted. Merida passed away the following afternoon with Oscar lay by her side.
Today would have been Merida's first 'Gotcha Day' with me and it's strange she passed just the day before.

I'm sad and heartbroken that she's no longer with me but I've taken great comfort in the fact she spent her last year being treated like the princess she was, surrounded by other piggies and knowing what love is.

Merida had such a spirit to her, she completely lived up to her namesake from Disney's Brave. Not only with her fiery red hair but her character too. She was an absolute fighter and so strong. I miss her so much.

RIP my beautiful girl x

Flutterby

Anniversary Herd
Reaction score
I'm so sorry for your loss. What a lovely tribute to a beautiful girl. Sleep tight little Merida x

sport_billy

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I am so sorry for the loss of your beautiful little girl, she had a wonderful year with you. Huge hugs x x

Sleep well sweet girl

RIP Merida
x x

DisneyPig

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Thank you so much. Oscar is doing really well, he still has Ginny with him. They both had a sniff once she had passed and have been eating well and behaving normally since.
Thank you for all your kind words xx

P

piggyfan

Oh how sad. I really am so very sorry you lost your beautiful girl. She knew happiness and love thanks to you.

archie_edith

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Merida was so lucky to have you. She was an amazingly beautiful pig, and it is clear that you both enriched each others lives. I am sorry for your loss.

7squeakers.

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Ever so sorry for your loss. So sad that one so beautiful should leave us so soon.
Big (((HUGS))))

Status
Not open for further replies.