• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Goodbye Scrapper

pig in the city

*Rescue Buddy*
Reaction score
Many of you will remember Scrapper, he was a forum sponsored rescue pig a couple of years ago.

20171222_211839.jpg

He was born at the rescue, one of a litter of six, in March 2015.
The smallest baby died and Scrapper weighed in at around 56g.
His mum rejected him initially and l had a few sleepless nights hand rearing him, the support of the forum at this time was invaluable as this was my first experience of hand rearing baby pigs.
Thankfully as Scrapper got stronger his mum started to feed him, and he never looked back.
He has had a happy life with a series of girl pigs, most recently with Demelza and Bryony.
He was always first to the dinner bowl, for treats and to jump in the carry case to go on the grass. When he got back in his run he would popcorn for England!
Over the past year he had been slowly losing weight for no apparent reason. A couple of months ago he started passing blood in his urine.
He was diagnosed with a bladder stone and severe arthritis was noted on the Xray. In view of his poor health we decided not to operate and he was prescribed pain relief.
Since then he has been well, eating and playful, even going out on the grass just last week.
But he has been getting weaker over the past 2 days and was struggling to eat normally, so l took him to be put to sleep today.
Rest in peace little man, you fought for life at the beginning and at the end.
Goodbye Scrapper x

Ah I’m so sorry that Scrapper has crossed over rainbow bridge ! What an amazing little guy ! And you pig in the city for starting his fantastic life - he clearly had a fantastic fulfilled life. Take care and enjoy those wonderful memories - sending you best wishes 🥰

I am so sorry for the sad news Barbara. He had an amazing life with you. As you know, Scrapper held a very special place in my heart.

Sleep tight Scrapper. Ellen will be waiting for you at the rainbow bridge x

Many of you will remember Scrapper, he was a forum sponsored rescue pig a couple of years ago.

View attachment 147524

He was born at the rescue, one of a litter of six, in March 2015.
The smallest baby died and Scrapper weighed in at around 56g.
His mum rejected him initially and l had a few sleepless nights hand rearing him, the support of the forum at this time was invaluable as this was my first experience of hand rearing baby pigs.
Thankfully as Scrapper got stronger his mum started to feed him, and he never looked back.
He has had a happy life with a series of girl pigs, most recently with Demelza and Bryony.
He was always first to the dinner bowl, for treats and to jump in the carry case to go on the grass. When he got back in his run he would popcorn for England!
Over the past year he had been slowly losing weight for no apparent reason. A couple of months ago he started passing blood in his urine.
He was diagnosed with a bladder stone and severe arthritis was noted on the Xray. In view of his poor health we decided not to operate and he was prescribed pain relief.
Since then he has been well, eating and playful, even going out on the grass just last week.
But he has been getting weaker over the past 2 days and was struggling to eat normally, so l took him to be put to sleep today.
Rest in peace little man, you fought for life at the beginning and at the end.
Goodbye Scrapper x

I am so sorry that Ellen's brother has followed her to the Rainbow Bridge. But you have given Scrapper such a happy long life that none of us suspected he would live to experience, seeing how touch and go it was at first!

RIP Scrapper

So sorry to hear this news.
He had a great life and at 5 was a good age .
Be gentle with yourself as you grieve your handsome boy

I am so sorry mate. Poor little Scrapper. hugely sorry for your loss of this little special soul. You really have done all you could for him, although i know this makes it no easier or less painful. Massive hugs

Sleep well little one

RIP Scrapper
x x

So sorry to read your sad news. He was a very handsome piggie and would know how much you loved him. As hard as it is to to take him on his last journey, you did it out of love. My heart goes out to you as you grieve. He will be catching up with Ellen and running free over the bridge. Bless you brave boy xx

Back