• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Goodnight Gizmo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I took Gizmo to the vet late this evening as she had really deteriorated in the last couple of days, she wanted to eat but was struggling, she lost 150grams in 3 weeks, her fur was looking very poor, she was starting to drool and tonight when we were hand feeding her she didnt want to be touched and I just knew she was in pain.

The Vet was amazing she spent an hour with us, Gizmo's teeth looked good so the problem with not eating wasnt because of the teeth anymore. She had lost a lot of muscle and was clearly distressed when touched along her rear end an sides :(

I didnt feel we had any option but to let her go to sleep, I didnt want her to suffer any longer, she really cried when the vet gave her the sedative because she had no muscle for it, it was horrible it took her about 10 mins to fall into a deep enough sleep for the final injection.

She was gorgeous, my favourite if I am honest feel so sad and guilty that she suffered at the end :(

Oh, I'm so sorry to have lost your girl :( She is at peace now and free from any discomfort. You did the right thing for her. Big hugs to you at this sad time, hun xx

Sleep well little Gizmo x

So so sad, we're sorry to hear about little Gizmo 8...8...8...
RIP Gizmo run free at the bridge sweet girl, now happily playing with new friends munching on clover and dandelions, popcorn away little one, you'll be sadly missed by your devastated mummy but NEVER forgotten xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
((((((((((((((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))))))))) and loads of loves from us all xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Another little star now twinkling in the sky ........... :(

Oh just noticed the drooling smiley in my post! Didnt mean for that to be there it obviously comes up when you type the word "d r o o l"

I'm so sorry for your loss.
RIP darling Gizmo.
Run free baby x

so sorry about Gizmo, rip sweet baby.

Please dont feel guilty, you did your best and took her to the vets, no one could ask any more, it doesnt sound like anything you have done so dont beat yourself up.

Just remember the lovely times you shared :)

sorry to hear about Gizmo, sometimes you have to make these really hard decisions for their best. It's so difficult, hope you're ok xx

Topcat

Sorry to hear about Gizmo.

She was much loved by you and i am sure she knew it.

Loving a animal is doing the right thing for them.

You did the right thing for her.

RIP Gizmo.

It's always such a heart wrenching decision to make, but you did right by your girl. Huge hugs. x

Goodnight little Gizmo. :rose

I'm so sorry for your loss, Gizmo was a gorgeous piggie. Big hugs.

Rest well, dear Gizmo. xx

I am sorry for your loss. Making the decision to let your piggy go is one of the hardest you can ever do. The feelings of guilt and failure are normal and speak of your love and good care!

RIP Gizmo - popcorn free of pain again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back