Gorgeous GP's in Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jenni75

I know I'll probably get shot for telling about this ( :)) but I just had to tell you about these gorgeous gp's in the pet shop I saw at lunch time. Gorgeous little bundles of white and black fluff and one tri coloured. They're six weeks old and I just love them when they're so tiny!

Very very tempting....... ::)

squeakypigs

Forum Founder
Reaction score
You will not get shot for telling us this :) There are many cute GPs in pet shops. I can't even look now as I get tempted too! lol

bevs

Reaction score
I saw 2 gorgeous black and white roan boys on Saturday along with their black self brother, 11 weeks old.

As it was time for the shop to close for the weekend they had had new bedding and a big top up of fresh hay and they were all popcorning like mad :D

P

piglover

ooh Jenni, where!! You're in my area aren't you? I might go and have a look..............!

B

BEATRICE

I saw some baby boars in our local pet shop yesterday and wow were they cute. I was so tempted as there were two long haired brothers. Had to pinch myself ! :D

J

Jenni75

'Piglover' they were in Haslemere, about 20 mins from Guildford - do you know the area? I'm seriously debating one myself....I think I could fit another in the hutch and still have room for them all to run around!

Oh I love it when they're doing that popcorning thing (funny word!) - these weren't just yet, think they were new in so still slightly daunted at being in the big wide world but they were nibbling on a carrot.

Barmy4boars

Reaction score
Its so hard to resist these cuties and of course it is not their fault they are in a pet shop, and they deserve a home too. This is why I too dont go in. I just wouldnt have the heart to walk away but wouldnt want to buy them as others would take their place so it would be a real dilema.

Mary

Reaction score
Dose anyone know what happens to gps that end up in pet shops for a long time. If they cant sell them and they get too big? I work at a vets but havent seen any come our way that need treatment.

Mary

Lucinda

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
There were some super ones in my pet shop too - one a bit like Scarby but without the Mohican, a couple of grey/ white girls and a dear little boy who was brown. They were all so tiny. Wanted them all.

J

Jenni75

I know this pet shop had some older ones once - he reduced their price and they were gone one day so I assume someone took him up on the reduced offer. Saying that tho, we've done that with birds in there, we took 6 for £30 including their eggs when he was selling them for £7 each....

I have to go in the pet shop to get food for my zoo and I just can't help but take a detour through the live animals! Love the babies too much!

H

hils78

My resistance will be SERIOUSLY tested if i ever see either a silver agouti sow or Silver fox sow in a pet shop. This is the reason I don't go in many pet shops now! I haven't been in my local pet shop for a couple of weeks now because there has been a himi sow in there for ages. Shes in with rabbits too. I just know that one day I'll break!

P

piglover

I think they just keep them and sell them off cheaper! last year I bought a 6mth(approx) red dutch from a pet shop he'd been there fore ages and I kept looking and looking then one day said to the bloke bout him and he siad he's yours for a £5 so I took him home. He was such a friendly little thing actually being in the shop with lots of people looking at him had made him quite brave! Unfortunately due to his lack of veggies in early life and loads of dry food he had developed bladder stones. The vet had never seen them in a such a young pig before and Rodney's were large and iin a very delicate hard to reach place it would have meant very tricky surgery and I wasn't prepared to put him through it especially as they may of recurred and the vet said he was probably predisposed to them (Before anyone starts shouting - my vet is Peter Gurneys friend Ann). So we let him go and freed him of his pain. I dont necessarily agree with leaving in the pet shop I know they restock but Rodney would have died a horrible painful death in the shop if I had left him............

And I probably would do it again.

Jenni I've also bought birds - last year I bought a pair of terrified Turquoisines from Petsmart becasue they were too nervous to go out in the shop! The manager let me have them and the cage for £50! they did breed and came along quite well and dear old Dolly laid 4 eggs we did everything by the book, website etc etc and the day before they were due to hatch she died suddenly..........I buried her with her eggs in my garden and I'm happy to say I still have dear old Dicky who is still a bit nervous but we do fine!

J

Jenni75

Aw, poor bird........could she have been egg bound? My mum had that with one of her millions of birds, said she only really knew what it was because she checked the book and then felt the bird.....

Poor Rodney - at least you gave him a happy life. I also think that - ok - pet shops are not great, they do encourage breeders but at the same time, why should the gp's in there suffer a life of no cuddles/freedom? Maybe for every gp we buy we should rescue one and then its a bit more fair on all the gp's? ?

S

Starflick

I am forever in PAH just to see how they are being looked after. That is how I ended up with Looby Lou, she was on her own with all the rabbits! Couldn't leave her there, so she came home with me!

P

piglover

I get funny looks in PAH from the staff that don't already know me............I stand gazing at the piggies for hours, Bubu was my latest purchase I couldnt leave him with the bunnies........

I

ilovepiggies

My local PAH always has loads of guineas in - I try not to look because I always see one poopr one being picked on etc :'(and I would l LOVE to taje them all home but I simply can't.......

D

DebbieR

I can't look in the pet department of our pet shop. I still really miss the kitten that was there last time. I even had a name for him.
I also get really annoyed cos they keep piggies with bunnies. If we go in and see a guin with a bun Steve drags me out again so that I won't kick off ;D

C

cavykind

Yep, cute piggies in pet shop...buy them...more cute piggies next week.
It's a never ending cycle...

The choice is yours :-\

Please spare a thought for the poor moms producing them. Where are they and what quality of life do they endure?
As they say "you pays your money...you makes your choice."

Barbara

C

cavykind

Mary said:
Dose anyone know what happens to gps that end up in pet shops for a long time. If they cant sell them and they get too big? I work at a vets but havent seen any come our way that need treatment.

Mary
From what I have seen they either sell them off cheap...or they give away them free to the proverbial good home ::)
But who really knows...

Barbara

Status
Not open for further replies.