• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Gorgeous new fleece!

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

ccc

At £3 apiece you can't go wrong! Each blanket is large enough when folded in half to fit a 2x4 C&C perfectly. It's a gorgeous thick pastel stripe pattern which both the pigs and I love. I only needed to cut one blanket to size to fit the U-shape section at the top of the cage. ;D

a592dbce.jpg

P1010005.jpg

Colorfulcage.jpg

ccfaaa3d.jpg

15fd3a07.jpg

aww thats cool, looks like it might be easier to wash than that vet bed stuff x

gemma and i are thinking of getting this for our little pigers.

is this stuff ok to use, what do you put underneath the fleece. and how thick is the fleece....

I'm sorry for asking so much but we really need to get some of this to help with cleaning.

hi there, if possible i would like some more details on other stuff in your cage...what do you put underneath the fleece and also how thick is the fleece.

many thanks

Do you piggies ever try and jump from that open bit? Zubin would!

Sorry, I haven't been around lately.

is this stuff ok to use, what do you put underneath the fleece. and how thick is the fleece....

I'm sorry for asking so much but we really need to get some of this to help with cleaning.

Fleece is perfectly fine to use. I know many people who use it; all of them have discovered how they have found it is:

a) cheaper;
b) quicker (in some cases);
c) cosier and gentler on pigs' feet...

...thank normal beddings (woodshavings, carefresh etc.)

Under the fleece I just use newspaper. Puppy trainign pads are also fantastic but I had to give them up due to cost.

My fleece is 2 layers thick. Most use just one layer, with towels, crib pads, puppy pads and newspaper underneath. They only need to wash the fleece once a week or even less.

Fleece wicks urine through to whatever is underneath, so the surface does not stay wet if you put something absorbant beneath the fleece.

all those hutches look very complex, but very cool!

Thanks Lucinda. When I settle in my own place I will switch it to an open 6x3 with 2x3 loft. That's the plan anyway. :)

Do you piggies ever try and jump from that open bit? Zubin would!

The swing doors are just open for the pics. They are closed when I'm not supervising them.

Sorry; I deleted the pics in photobucket, I will get new pics up when I clean the cage in a few days.

Oh cool i couldnt see a door lol its a fab set up! are they in your room i cant remember do they keep you up at night my boys do all the time

Yep, they are in my room. The cage takes up a good 40% of my bedroom so it is a tight squeeze.
I only ever get kept awake at night if Lottie is thirsty (she hooks her teeth in the spout and pulls it out the bottle) or if one of the ladies is in heat.

Lol Harry yanks at the bottle too really irritating my rooms a squeeze to becasue Zubin and Eddies cage sticks out a bit and when you get out of bed at night you wack into it! x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back