• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Gp Noises And How To Know If They Are Happy.

Pigmamma

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hello, so our white pet shop GP seems very happy to sit on our laps or chest. When we stop stroking she starts sqeauking as if to say stroke me more. When we stoke her she squeaks a lot. Like a baby chimpanzee noise. Our other GP is happy to sit with us and make a bit of noise but not as much. The white one also gets right up to our lips with her nose as if to kiss us.

Sounds as if she is a happy and affectionate piggy.
Their noises are contextual so it does depend on what they’re doing whether a particular sound means stop or don’t stop, I’m happy or leave me alone, etc
We all get to know our own piggies and their voices

Sounds like they are happy from what you describe. Most noises have to be taken in context otherwise it’s easy to be confused. I found this site a few years ago that is helpful in identifying sounds. Guinea Pig Sounds

Thank you very much. I think this little one is super sweet which really surprises me as I wasn’t expecting her to be so sweet. So much so my husband has fallen for them both and now wants his own pig!

That twittering noise they make is what my kids call the 'happy piggy sound.' It's definitely a positive. However, not all guinea pigs are all that vocal- we've had pigs who never stop twittering to themselves and pigs who are virtually silent.

Back